my contacts on the web Verizon Cloud are not syncing to my phone
CAROLINABLUE

I went My Verizon's online cloud storage account and I added new numbers to my contacts list. Then I pressed the sync button and it says SYNC CONTACTS HAS BEEN INITIATED WITH YOUR DEVICE. However, all it does is go round and round...and it never syncs to my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my contacts on the web Verizon Cloud are not syncing to my phone
melrocks92
Enthusiast - Level 1

CAROLINABLUE, I have been struggling with this very problem. You click on Sync and it doesn't do anything.

BUT I found a solution!!

To Export your Contacts visit this link Export Contacts - Verizon Cloud - Website | Verizon Wireless.

I recommend saving the file as .VCF.

After you save the file, you need to send it to your phone. This can be done by multiple methods.

1) Email the file as an attachment to your self to download on your phone.

2) Upload the file to your Google Drive account and download it to your phone from there.

3) Plug your phone into your computer via usb and move the file into your Downloads folder in your phone file.

Once you have the VCF file on your phone, go to your Contacts on your phone and open the 3 dots on the right of the search bar.

Tap Import/Export.

Import from storage.

If it says Create contact under account, I don't think it matters which you choose.

It will say it's searching

Choose vCard file -> Import one vCard file -> OK

Choose the file you previously moved to your phone. If this is the first time you've done it, the file will most likely be selected already.

Press OK

and then you should get a message that your card has been successfully added!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CAROLINABLUE, the Verizon Cloud is a great tool to assist in backing up and managing your contacts. Let’s make certain yours is functioning properly. When was the last time your device synced with the cloud? Can you access the Verizon Cloud app from your phone? Are the new contacts listed in the Verizon Cloud app? Is your phone on Wi-Fi?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CAROLINABLUE

Hi MarkP – yes, the phone is on wifi.  I can access the Verizon Cloud app from my phone and it is set so that it backs up photos and contacts every night.  Every morning it says that it has backed up both “successfully” but the truth is that is has not.  Only the photos are backed up -- the contacts are not back up at all. 

The second problem happens when I go to the web Verizon Cloud...to manually put in contact information and then sync it to my device.  It syncs and syncs... over and over... without stopping.  I end up being timed out and the end result is that the changes done on the web do not get transferred to my phone contacts list.

In a nutshell: 

• phone to cloud does not backup contacts.
  • cloud to phone does not sync.

Side note, in case it is important:  I am attaching an image of the Backup Assistant Plus where you can see that I am unable to tap "NEXT" as they ask me (the orange contacts image is blocking access).  Thanks.

IMG_1222.JPG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CAROLINABLUE,

Thank you for the details. This information was very helpful. Let’s make sure we don’t continue to have this problem, and fix this backup and syncing issue. Is your Verizon Cloud application updated? Have you tried to backup your contacts when you’re on our network, not Wifi? Any other data connection issues?

JuanD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CAROLINABLUE

Hi, I am very eager to resolve this issue.

I went to App Manager on the phone and checked the Cloud app.  It isn't allowing me to update the app...so I assume it is up-to-date?

I went off Wifi and used Network only -- tried to both backup and sync -- but neither worked.

There are no other data connection issues....all photos, etc back up perfectly.

I did try something: going to the Cloud app on the phone...then pressing "settings" and then under "what to back up" I select nothing .  Suddenly it says that there are 87 contacts not backed up.  This is surprising as the phone only has 72 contacts.

Thank you for your help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CAROLINABLUE, I appreciate you diligently working with us. Are you able to try and go to your Verizon Cloud via your My Verizon desktop on the computer, and attempt to sync this way? Let's do this and keep us posted with your results. Here's another awesome reference for you: http://spr.ly/6581B0gO3

KristieQ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CAROLINABLUE

Yes, KristieQ -- as mentioned above in #2 ... I am unable to sync from My Verizon desktop to my phone.

In a nutshell -- I have two problems: 

• phone to cloud does not backup contacts.
  • Verizon Cloud from the desktop does not sync to the phone.

Look forward to a resolution to this issue.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CAROLINABLUE,

Let's keep working toward that resolution. Going back to the screenshot provided, it was showing as backup assistant. What phone are you using? Do you have a seperate backup assistant and Verizon Cloud? 

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
CAROLINABLUE

Thank you for getting back to me Derek.  I am using a Samsung S4 phone.  I used to have Backup Assistant but later added Verizon Cloud.  Could it be that they are in conflict?

0 Likes
CAROLINABLUE

It has been 3 days since I wrote my last post --- it sure is looking like this issue will not be able to be fixed.  

0 Likes