please help me..cloud storage syncing with computer?!
mercee82

PLEASE someone help me before I lose my mind! My cloud storage keeps telling me that it's full every time it tries to backup my phone. I finally figured out that for some reason my files/pictures that are saved onto my computer are syncing to cloud storage also. I don't want the files on my computer to store on my Verizon Cloud! I can't figure out how to turn this off and I already contacted Verizon via live chat and they actually told me to wipe my entire phone with a hard reset to fix it. 1, I doubt that would make any difference in the cloud storage settings and 2, even if it did, that's the most ridiculous advice I can imagine getting! Every time my photos/data that's stored on my phone tries to backup to the cloud it's unsuccessful and tells me my storage is full. Every time it does this I delete the entire "my computer" folder (but it won't permanently delete the folder?!) and my used storage drops back down to only 55% full instead of 100% full. I can't backup anything new from my phone though because it's automatically syncing my computer files to my phone before it even attempts to backup what's on my phone. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated since Verizon can't figure it out either. I'm adding screen shots of exactly what I see in case it helps someone to help me. Thank in advance for any ideas!! verizon cloud screenshot 1.pngverizon cloud screenshot 2.pngverizon cloud screenshot 3.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: please help me..cloud storage syncing with computer?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mercee82,

I can see where this might drive you a little mad. Are you using the my verizon cloud desktop app? When did this start showing up?
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mercee82

I do have the verizon cloud desktop app. I can't remember when I downloaded it so I'm not sure if that is what's causing this problem. I thought you had to have it on your computer in order to manage/access the files that are backed up from my phone?

I've had this problem for a while and couldn't figure out how I could have possibly used up all my storage so I just turned backup off and used dropbox instead. I recently ran out of storage space on dropbox though so I turned the verizon cloud sync back on. I've looked at the settings and tools on both the desktop app and the app on my phone so many times and can't find any setting relating to syncing my computer files to my phone?!

Thank you so much for your prompt response in trying to help me, I appreciate it!

0 Likes
Boadicea

Same thing has happened to me.  Cloud erroneously synced with CACHE (desktop and phone) files.  I now have over 34+ gig of crap pics uploaded from cache files and another big amount of videos from cache.  These are nothing more than miscellaneous internet advertisements ending up in cache files.  I can't delete them!   I've changed settings online to only backup contacts, messages, call log.  Changed settings on phone and desktop app too.  I've deleted the app from from desktop.

Now I've been trying for the past week to delete all this crap from the Verizon's internet site cloud.  This app is effed up!  I CANNOT delete all the crap pics that were wrongly backed up from internet cache... 34+ gig!!!   Ridiculous!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get this fixed for you, mercee82. We want all of your backup to work seamlessly.  First, please uninstall Verizon Cloud from your computer. Then go into Verizon Cloud on your device and try deleting your files from there. If that is successful, then you can re install the Verizon Cloud app to your desktop from MyVerizon.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rpmbaja

I would like this post to go out to as many people as possible.  There may be a class action suit.  Verizon has become aware of the cloud not performing.  This has been an issue for months.  I have lost 34000 messages and  no one including Verizon Cloud Vendor can fix the issues.  This has cost me dearly.  The issue started with the Samsung Note 3 sticking on the google voice app.  I speak into my phone daily.  When the goggle speaker would freeze I would have to restart the phone.  They sent me another samsung note 3 and it did the same.  The problem then started with the cloud.  It wouldn't back up, nor restore.  I was dealing with the 3rd level technicans at the Network level, they tried everything to no avail.  Finally they got the cloud vendor involved, it's been 2 months and just today network admitted that this is a know issue!!  I am a business person dealing with a large lawsuit, all the messages are necessary to resolve this case.  I explained to Verizon months ago that I must have my messages restored.  Not only has there been not one follow up call from customer service they dare to charge me monthly for cloud services as well as overages on my data usage.  This overage has nothing to do with me as I've never gone over before starting to have these issues. Today I demanded that network call customer service as I've spent days on the phone and online with technical people to no avail. I'm going to blogging about this to see just how many other customers are been charged while not having services.  Most importantly is the lack of care from anyone in the organization.  My hands are tied.  Please let me know if anyone else is having these cloud issues. GL! Terry

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

mercee82 the desktop app is a backup/restore app and by default it seems to want to backup pictures, videos, music, desktop and document directories.  You can stop that by clicking on the cloud app at the bottom of the screen and then click on backup settings.  There you can unselect all of the different folders it chose to backup, or you can click on advanced settings and uncheck enable backup or do as VZW suggested and uninstall the app.  That will stop the PC from backing up.

Next, go into the cloud website, click on All Files on the left.  That seeems to give you a list of the devices you have backed up from.  MyComputer is the desktop app.  It looks like you can delete everything below it but not the MyComputer folder itself.

While you are in the website, if you click on the settings, I found a handy page, Storage Usage, that shows how much stuff is in my cloud and what type of stuff is eating my storage.  Between that info and the all files view, you can find where the content is coming from and get rid of what you don't want.

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Boadicea that seems strange.  I have both the desktop and phone apps backing up my pictures and it's not hitting the cache folders.  Question 11 on the cloud faqs page, www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/ talks about where it looks on the mobile phones, i was surprised to learn what it couldn't do on iphones.  I couldn't find anything similar for desktop apps but for me it seems to be limited to the MyPictures folder. 

When I was looking into what it was doing on my cloud, i stumbled on a link on their cloud website that shows where the pictures came from.  If you look at the picture in full screen, the first thing on the list on the right is photo info.  Down near the bottom I found a path that told me where it came from.  That helped me figure out what was going on.

Your post isn't clear but if you want to get the crap out of your cloud, you have to delete it from your cloud using their app.  Just turning off the settings won't delete it but it will just stop new stuff from going into the cloud.

0 Likes