"Can't backup because permissions have changed" error for messages
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

I have been receiving this error for the last 4-5 days, it's for sms. When I go into Cloud and select to back up sms, it says to enable permissions in application manager....but it's already enabled for Cloud. I've deleted data, cache and disabled to roll back to the original version. When it went back to the factory settings, everything worked. Cloud then updated later in the day to the latest version and the permissions issue returned. Is there a fix for this?

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Cloud version 17.2.12

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Can't backup because permissions have changed" error for messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

_buckeyenut,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly want to make sure that everything is addressed promptly. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Verizon is currently experiencing an issue with the Cloud service. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. At this time we do not have an estimated fix time frame, but feel free to reach out to us for updates. Did you have any further questions or concerns that I can help you with in the meantime?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my  response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: "Can't backup because permissions have changed" error for messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

_buckeyenut,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly want to make sure that everything is addressed promptly. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Verizon is currently experiencing an issue with the Cloud service. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. At this time we do not have an estimated fix time frame, but feel free to reach out to us for updates. Did you have any further questions or concerns that I can help you with in the meantime?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my  response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!

0 Likes