random contacts in phone that aren't mine! from cloud and backup assistant....how does this happen???
MsLee318

I recently found random contacts in my cloud and backup assistant, they claim that this has never happened before.  Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: random contacts in phone that aren't mine! from cloud and backup assistant....how does this happen???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MsLee318 I can understand your concern, and together we can figure this out. Seeing contacts that are not familiar is indeed unusual. If you are a user of Facebook and Google, the settings can cause the contacts to sync with your account. Have you checked the settings? Do you use Facebook and Google?

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: random contacts in phone that aren't mine! from cloud and backup assistant....how does this happen???
MsLee318

If you can see from my previous post they are contacts from cloud and backup assistant, not from facebook or google. So no, your answer did not help. But thank you.

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

If you still have this problem, you might want to contact their customer support to ask them what happened instead of a general forum like this.  I haven't run into this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MsLee318 I can understand how my question might sound strange. However, if you have Facebook or Google contacts and sync with the Cloud they will also be restored. Please meet us in a private forum so we can get account information and keep it private. http://vz.to/1UUW79a
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support Huh?  Cloud doesn't back up facebook or google contacts, how can they be restored with cloud?

0 Likes
simplify_my_life

I just recently started using Verizon Cloud and had a similar problem, I don't use back-up assistant. We have a Family Plan with 4 phones, two belong to my adult children. After the first back-up, about 75 contacts from my kids phones appeared in my contacts on my iPhone 6+ and Macbook. I went into my local Verizon store and the employee could not help me or give me any explanation. I turned off Contacts in Verizon Cloud and deleted the extra contacts manually. I'm keeping Contacts turned off until I can get a solution to this problem. NJMagic-1 I also don't understand the connection between Facebook, Google and Verizon Cloud Contacts

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Simplify_my_life

Keeping contacts secure is a must these days.  I no longer write down contacts on paper becasue I store them all on my phone.  Back up assistant is now Verizon cloud.  When you mention that your children's contacts appeared on your phone were you using a phone that was previously active on their line? If you access Verizon cloud http://vz.to/1Qukug1 on a desktop do only your contacts appear?

EmmaM_VZW

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

I'm sorry if I confused you simplify_my_life,   On android devices, you can have different address books.  On my phone, contacts are stored in the phone contact list, Google contact list, my email program and it looks like WAZE started having an address book.   Android Lollipop has a new section on the contact entry called Connected via or something like that which shows which address book the contact is stored in.  Verizon Cloud only backs up the phones address book.  Although, I hear some people are starting to see Verizon Cloud backing up google contacts.

My experience with the cloud is that each phone number on my account has its own cloud.  I have 5 phones and I only see my contacts so I'd be surprised and upset if the kids contacts came from a cross pollination of clouds. Emma's suggestion is one way they can show up in your cloud.  Another way I can think of is if they are logging into the website with your userid instead of their phone number and making changes on the website.

Hope this helps clear up your mystery.

0 Likes
FazeX7

I have a very similar problem... A bunch of random songs are on my cloud that aren't on mine or anyone else in my family's phones... I have someone else's music

0 Likes