received texts re verizon cloud?
BarbandTom
Enthusiast - Level 1

one of the authorized account managers (number on my account) received a text from 900070002830 claiming to be Verizon Wireless and saying:  FREE VZW MSG:  6/29 will be your last chance to keep you Verizon Cloud account active and save your content. To preserve memories go.vzw.com/activatecloud

Note that she is not the primary number and there is a spelling error in text "...keep you..."  No one else on the account (there are five numbers) are getting this text.  The website is legit.

Is this text legit? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: received texts re verizon cloud?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry for the confusion this message has caused you, BarbandTom. We can clarify what this message is referring to. The number that received this message, would have set up the Verizon Cloud at one time. The message is to ensure you do not lose any of your content. You can make sure this is updated with the steps here, http://spr.ly/65898oUCF.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iluvgodhl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the same message and don't want to pay extra for more space. I also don't want to lose what I already backed up. What do I do?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Iluvgodhl, we never want you losing anything that you wanted to keep.  Here is more detailed information concerning the Verizon Cloud options https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-inactive/ .

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BarbandTom
Enthusiast - Level 1

No but thank you for trying.  It gives me the general information, as I said in the "question" but doesn't answer the actual question:  "Note that she is not the primary number and there is a spelling error in text "...keep you..."  No one else on the account (there are five numbers) are getting this text.  The website is legit.  Is this text legit?

0 Likes
BarbandTom
Enthusiast - Level 1

it is only me (the primary number) that has verizon cloud and I use it.  So no, still have the question: "Note that she is not the primary number and there is a spelling error in text "...keep you..."  No one else on the account (there are five numbers) are getting this text.  The website is legit.  Is this text legit?

0 Likes
BarbandTom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you all for trying.  the links give me the general information, but as I said in the "question" it doesn't answer the actual question:  "Note that she (who is getting the text) is not the primary number (and she doesn't have a cloud account; I, the primary number have one and use it) and there is a spelling error in text "...keep you..."  No one else on the account (there are five numbers) is getting this text.  The website is legit.  Is this text legit? "

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BarbandTom, I definitely understand what you are asking. Thank you for pointing out the typo. I have sent feedback to have this fixed. Also, it is my understanding that you believe this person should not receive these text messages as you are the primary user and the only person to have the cloud services. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

NatashaA_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BarbandTom, thank you so much for the response back. I do apologize for any spelling errors that has been delivered in the text message. We'll make sure to lift that error up to the proper team.

Yes, this is a legit website and text message from Verizon Wireless. If this line ever backed up their contacts this would be on the cloud service. We can always check the account to find out why this line would receive this message if they never used the cloud before. I've sent you a Private Message. Please respond back to that message for further review.

KevinR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes