reset cloud password via email
acannon420
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 devices on my account.  I use the 1st number to access our account for billing, upgrades, etc.  When we got both devices, both were configured to backup to Verizon's cloud.

The 2nd device on the account died today.  We have a replacement coming but will be several days.  In the meantime I need access to the data stored in the cloud for that device.  Well, as we set up the cloud for THAT device near 2 years ago, we no longer have that password saved anywhere but in the device.  So, in order to reset the password, Verizon will only send a text w/ a temporary password to that device.  With the device out of service, that's not an option.  Now I'm being told by Verizon that I need to activate another device on that line before I can get to my data.  There's no way to reset the password via email, even to the account holder's email.  How SCREW UP is that?  I'm all for security and safety as I work in IT... but if I can reset my password for billing and everything else w/ Verizon via my email, why can't I reset this?

Oh, and I have the Verizon Messenger app on my laptop to receive texts for that number, but the password reset texts will not come thru.

HELP?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: reset cloud password via email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

acannon420, I know how important it is to have all the data from your back up. I want to make sure that we do everything we can to get you the information that you need. If you go go to www.vzw.com/cloud and try to log in with the 2nd phone numbers My Verizon Log In information, does that allow you to gain access into the account? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes