Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
restoring from the cloud
rollergirl404b

I backed up my phone content to the cloud on my old phone, restored the cloud to my new phone but my text messages are only restoring from the last 3 months. Do I need to do something in particular to back up ALL my texts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: restoring from the cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Congratulations on your new device, rollergirl404b. 

I also have several months of text history on my current device. 

When content syncs, everything stored on the device stores in the Verizon Cloud. The only exception is Messages data class. Verizon Cloud syncs the last 90 days of messages on the first sync and all new messages sent or received after. It sounds like you did everything correctly. 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: restoring from the cloud
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

If you use an Android phone,download a sms backup application from the Play Store on the old phone and use the application to backup your text messages. Save the backup to your google drive and use the same application on the new phone and use the backup file to restore the text messages on the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes