simple way to get rid of duplicate contacts
mprataz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need a simple way to get rid of duplicate contacts or merge existing contacts

Labels (1)
Re: simple way to get rid of duplicate contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is nothing quite like duplicate contacts. The best way to manage duplicates is directly from My Verizon on the website.

You can sign in here http://spr.ly/6587BfBB7

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LYNJON2

that is a nothing answer

Steps?

Can you tell us how to do it?

0 Likes
ALAMAU22

I agree with LYNJON2 that the there is NO answer to the question.   Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

0 Likes
LLBowen

These forums are [removed] ... no one gives real answers

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

The easiest way would probably be to go to https://cloud.verizonwireless.com, sign in with your phone number & MyVerizon password, go to the contacts section and Export Contacts - Verizon Cloud - Website | Verizon Wireless

Once you have them in a CSV file, open the file with a spreadsheet program like Google sheets or Excel and sort them by the fields that have duplicate entries (most likely name or phone number), delete the duplicate rows and save the file.

Then delete all of your contacts from the Cloud website and immediately Import Contacts - Verizon Cloud - Website. I know that sounds frightening but if you have the contacts saved in your CSV file, you can always re-import them again.

After you import them to the Cloud, go to your phone and start a backup.  Once that finishes, all of the duplicates should be removed.

0 Likes