why do my files have locks
DOCCSAW

Hi. I tried to delete all my music files, in the cloud.  It gave me an error. When I looked at the files, they all had little locks next to them. I didn't lock them and now I can't delete them.  Help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why do my files have locks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DOCCSAW

I love a good mystery! I'm on the case and eager to find an answer for you today that allows you to delete your files again.

When were you last able to delete your files? Can you walk me through the steps you're taking? Are you on the computer or your phone when taking these action? What error do you receive exactly?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kapkirk

I was able to figure this out.  The issue is there was about 65 MB of files that I could not delete via the verizon website. 

I had to wipe the cache and stored dats on my cloud app from my phone.

Once I reconfigured the cloud app, I was able to delete the music files stored on my verizon cloud space.

Had to delete those files manually via my cloud app on the phone.  Was kind of a pain, as I had a couple of hundred files that were stuck.

I didn't want my music backed up to the cloud, so this was a pain.

My follow up question though, was why is my music showing copyright locks when they were backed up to the cloud?  Is verizon tagging these files for some reason or altering my files?  Some of the items I know were DRM free since they were ripped from CDs I own.  Not sure why that would happen, but I am interested to know the mystery behind the padlocks.

Thank you,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you keeping us posted Kapkirk. I'm happy to hear you were able to figure this out. In regards to your other question, where are you seeing the music is copyright locks? Are only certain songs shoiwng this?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes