why is my music locked
studioAPEx

why is my music locked on the cloud? I am trying to delete all my music and it will not delete.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: why is my music locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to get this resolved for you. Do any other files let you delete from your cloud, or is it just your music?

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MLD153

How do you remove the locked music files from the cloud?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely odd, MLD153. What type of music files are locked, and how were the songs acquired? Just in case, if you access the cloud using the web app:

http://spr.ly/6585BhZ6B

Are you able to delete those files, versus using the cell phone app?

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJ-Magicman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what you mean by locked.  If you are referring to songs with the lock picture on it, then you can delete them or download them from the cloud.  That lock only means it is a copyrighted song and cannot be shared using the cloud share function.

If you can't delete it, then you have a different issue.

0 Likes
CLEANUT1

I cannot delete them either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want the process of managing your Cloud content to be seamless for you Cleanut1. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. What happens when you try to delete the music from the Cloud? What steps are you taking? Are you attempting to do this through the Cloud app on your phone or through the website?

RashadM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CLEANUT1

Besides photos, videos, contacts, etc. my music (all 1,5600 songs) were sent to the cloud for storage. It used up all of my storage. I would rather not buy additional storage and really don't need to store the music as I have the music backed up on a flash drive. I changed my preferences for future backups however to get rid of the music in the cloud I logged onto Verizon and individually deleted the songs. many of the songs were not deleted because they have a lock symbol by the name of the song. Can't seem to delete them. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cleanut1, we want to help in any way we can with freeing up some space for your Cloud account and Verizon phone. Were theses songs that you purchased from Verizon or were these songs that you downloaded from your computer? How are you accessing the Cloud content? Via phone or via PC? If you have not tried to do this via PC, then please do so and keep us posted on the outcome. 

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CLEANUT1

I am not on twitter and don't want to join. Can't you just help me here so others with my problem can learn from your"fix"?

0 Likes