Consumer Fraud? Jet pack Data Usage
Glenie
Enthusiast - Level 2

All-  I have a long story and will try to shorten to the audience.  Purchased a Verizon jet pack hotspot on July 2nd with a $100 prepaid (GIGABYTES)   plan. . First jet pack didn't work, spent three hours on phone with Verizon.  Retuned for a new one, called Verizon which got it up and running.  Between July 3rd-5th, watched about six hours total.  Night of July 5th, data cut off, no connection. Called verizon July 6th, spoke with Tasha whom confirmed that I used 8 GIGABYTES but "checked another station" to see that I only used 5 GIGABYTES.   She reset the plan to $60/5 GIGABYTES to accommodate the 5 GIGABYTES  that "apparently disappeared".  Continued with Tasha to set up "my account" to monitor data usage since the jet pack will not deliver the data usage via the unit.  Tasha confirmed this is a known defect with the unit.  Wow, onto the afternoon of July 6th.  Per Tasha's recommondation, watch a show and check data usage.  Watched a one hour show, Deep Water and usage went from 5 GIGABYTES to 4.8 GIGABYTES however data usage showed as 761.81 KILOBYTES.     We are in great shape UNTIL we watched 1 hour of another show and started the second show and lo and behold,  I am OUT Of data again!     How , Why....  Here is where the FUN  begins....

Dialed 888-294-6804 SIX times and every time I entered the hotspot number ([removed]) it told me "unfortunately we cannot accept your call at this time".  i also dialed 800-922-0204 and 800-256-4636 and recieved the same message if I entered my HOTSPOT number.   To get around this, I called back and entered my IPAD cellular data number and was able to get to a live rep.  Explained to Raul the issues with the customer phone numbers and I was needing to speak about the hotspot data usage.

BEWARE- critical info about what I am being told -  on my account all data usage is showing in KILOBYTES. .   According to verizon,  they see MEGABYTES on their end,  WHY DIFFERENT?  I paid for a service with the ability to monitor data usage, why is Verizon not delivering the data correctly?   Even if it were in KILOBYTES and they see MEGABYTES,  how could 8102.5 KILOBYTES = 10 GIGOBYTES? ?   i would like that answer first as the calculations do not add up.    To convenience me for my inconvenience, Raul put 1 GIGOBYTE back on my plan and I was like. WAIT. Hear what I am saying.   I asked to speak to a supervisor and Manny ( not sure of name) came on about five minutes later.    Starting the conversation, I was somehow placed on "HOLD" and remained on HOLD FOR 1 hour, 31 minutes in which that time I took my business phone out and RECALLED Verizon and re-explained the situation to Jestin.  I advised Jestin that I was still in a HOLD queue with Verizon on my cell number [removed] and would remain on to see if someone would pick up.

Jestin in also checked the data usage and at first said she was seeing what I was KILOBYTES.  She asked to put me on hold while she " checked another station" and then came back and stated that she was seeing MEGABYTES and all the data was used but I should be happy that there was 1GIGABYTE added today.    I once again explained, asked her to do the calculations and advise me what methodology was being used, she could not.  I asked to speak to a manager and just as she was " transferring me". I was disconnected again!

Needless to say, not a happy customer at all!  I will be contacting the federal trade commission to open a consumer fraud case since what Verizon offers and being able to monitor data usage is actually "concealed" by Verizon   In good faith and trust on my part, I purchased  the Verizon jet pack and $100 for 10 GIGABYTES and recieved nothing but issues.  I will also be contacting the Better  Business Bureau (BBB) and possibly an attorney to see if a class action suit has been opened for this issue.

To ensure that I can backup and provide proof, I took snapshots of the data usage showing ALL "KILOBYTES" from my Verizon account online. I also took a snapshot of my cellphone HOLD call that I ended up hanging up on my end with no callback from Verizon.

Verizon- I should in good faith from your company be refunded the full $100 for a product that did not work as described, frustration and aggravation of my time spent on the phone, being put on hold ( check your call log for a 1 hour, 31 minute call from 302-531-7268) , being dropped during a transfer and no callback from your company.

This is is not what I call customer service let alone good customer service.  I still would like confirmation from Verizon that 8102.5 KILOBYTES = 10 GIGOBYTES ?  All customers should be aware of how this usage is being calculated by Verizon

Regards, Glenie [removed]

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ .

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Consumer Fraud? Jet pack Data Usage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glenie

You posted your question originally on the Verizon Wireless Community forum. The VZW rep has responded to that thread. You were apparently notified of the new activity on said thread via an email notification. You then replied to the email notification instead of navigating to the Verizon Wireless Community forum to the thread in its native format.

As to why there was a prepaid rep who responded. That is a good question and one has been raised to the administration of the community in the past. Unfortunately, the team of representatives that roam this community haven't added any prepaid reps to their team as of yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glenie,

We want to ensure your usage is accurate and understandable. It does look like you are referring to a prepaid Jetpack. Although we do not support Prepay services fully through this forum, I'm confident that our Prepay Department will be able to shed some light on your issue. Please give them a call at 1-888-294-6804 for assistance.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Glenie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jenelle,

Thank you, but why would I want to call the same number that I attempted to

call over and over and could not accept my calls I am calling the federal

trade commission today to open a consumer fraud case as they will pick, up

the phone and be interested in investigating how this data usage is being

calculated and how many others have had the same experience.

If you do not support prepaid, why are you answering this email and not a

prepay representative? Just another delay in getting to the correct

response or remediation of the issue.

Regards, Glenie

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 8:15 PM, vzw_customer_support <

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glenie

You posted your question originally on the Verizon Wireless Community forum. The VZW rep has responded to that thread. You were apparently notified of the new activity on said thread via an email notification. You then replied to the email notification instead of navigating to the Verizon Wireless Community forum to the thread in its native format.

As to why there was a prepaid rep who responded. That is a good question and one has been raised to the administration of the community in the past. Unfortunately, the team of representatives that roam this community haven't added any prepaid reps to their team as of yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Glenie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon,

Once again, my question has still yet to be answered from the original

thread. I have filed a case with the Federal Trade commission tonight as

an unfair business practice/consumer fraud and have been issued a case

number which will be investigated. I am now moving on to the Better

Business Bureau and seeking a class action attorney to initiate a suit.

All that are interested or whom have experienced the same injustice, please

feel free to reply to this thread with contact information.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not that familiar with prepaid accounts to provide you with advice and suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154 was correct, we do not have Prepaid representatives who monitor these forums, the advice to reach that team was the correct answer as that is the only team that can access your account to provide you clarity on where and how your data was used. We hope you have a great day!

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes