Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Boost for my Jetpack
jimmieanna

I bought 5g of data boost two days ago, I confirmed the purchase, but go no response from Verizon. And I got no "data boost". It's for my jetpack. (btw)

So, today I decided to try again, and same end result.

I cannot get in touch with Verizon using Chat, let's face it, sitting there waiting for a response past 10 minutes and not even a - courtesy wait time or acknowledgement - is  not good service. I hung up.

I refuse to sit waiting on the phone, to get someone who reads from the manual and usually cannot speak good english. I would like to email Verizon, but have not found an email address.

Has anyone got any experience with data boost purchases. So far I have spent 70.00 and got nothing in return? I feel ripped off....

Wearily,

jimmieanna

0 Likes
Re: Data Boost for my Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jimmieanna, we definitely never want you to pay for something you don't receive! Pleae tell us - how did you purchase your Data Boosts - via Customer Service, your mobile app, or your online My Verizon accouunt?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
jimmieanna

I used my moble Verizon App, followed the instruction ...(see below) when I finished doing that, neither time have a gotten any response/nor any indication this purchase was applied to my jet pack.  I just checked on my verizon app, when I look at the usage on that jetpack, it says I have used 15.31G which is over by .31 of my aloted 4G? Not sure what is going on and have no idea whether I am now using the "data boost" there is nothing to say I am, but noting the 4g is still working [maybe] I have it? I wish I would get somethng from Verizon in the form of text or something saying the purchase was received. I am in the dark. Thanks for asking

data boost instructions.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the helpful information, Jimmieanna. We want to ensure you have the data boost for your usage. When a data boost is purchased, you will receive an email with confirmation of the purchase. If your device allows text messages, you may receive a text as well. Have you received either of these?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
jimmieanna

No I did not receive neither, email nor text. Which did concern me - as whenever I pay online - for my bill or make any type changes to my account, or when my Verizon Jet Pack is getting close to the 15G , I ALWAYS get a text and email. So, yes, when I DID NOT receive any notification that this purchase had been "attempted" by me I wondered.

Thus, I tried to purchase "data boost" again, thinking I did something wrong and didn't confirm or something like that, which I was careful to follow all points, so I made sure the process to complete transaction was completely done correctly, and it appeared I did, but still nothing from V to show I had made the 'second purchase" of data boost.

Now, today, I just checked the usage of that Jet Pack, and it was used yesterday, but the amount is still showing what I told you it was yesterday morning, (weird) 15.31. Speed it good, still 4G?

As long as I have good speed, I am happy, but sure hope I did not get charged twice and if so, let me use it up before it gets wasted. LOL

Thanks for your looking into this

jimmie

0 Likes