Re: Ellipsis Jetpack MHS900L Battery overheated
papabling

Well, here we are in October 2019 still talking about the Ellipsis Jetpack battery overheating.  On Thursday, Oct. 10th, mine also swelled up, split the case open, and was too hot to touch it.  This is a very dangerous situation (notwithstanding in or out of warranty) and according to the previous posts, has been happening for over a year!  I'm shocked that Verizon (Franklin?) has not found a solution to this, other than "replacing the battery".  I've also seen community posts saying their Jetpack has overheated again after replacing the battery.  I'll be taking  mine back to the store where purchased tomorrow (Monday - 7 days before the 12-month warranty expires) and post my results at the Verizon store (8450 Denton Hwy, Suite 100, Watauga, TX).  This Jetpack has worked fairly well for almost a year, only problem being a very short battery life even under a light load and always inside the home.

0 Likes
papabling

Ellipses Jetpack Battery Swollen-Case Split Open.  Took it to the Verizon store.  It was still under warranty, so they replaced the Jetpack with a new one.  Did not extend the warranty since technically the warranty is for the original purchase.  The folks at the store said NOT to leave it on the charger after the LED turns Green.  The Ellipses JetPack apparently does not have the internal regulation like the more expensive models.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. Your safety is our top priority and we recommend that you stop using the device since it has a faulty battery. Bringing the device into one of our stores is the best option. This way we can get the device replaced for you. Please use the following link to find the nearest corporate store: https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores  You can search by your ZIP Code. 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes