Ellipsis® Jetpack® MHS900L no service available
n7cee

I just bought a Jetpack to use in an area where my phone works fine as a hotspot, but the Jetpack says "No service available." It is useless to me if it won't work at the location, which is in southern Utah near Monument Valley, zipcode 84536. The coverage map shows data coverage there.

It works fine in Page, Arizona 86040 and at home in Flagstaff, 86001.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis® Jetpack® MHS900L no service available
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to make sure your service is working on that new Jetpack. Congrats on the new device btw! We'll get that working perfectly in no time. Does this no service issue happen everywhere you go? Do you know if anyone else with Verizon are having the same issue in that area? 

0 Likes
n7cee

My phone works as a hotspot in that location, just not the Jetpack. The Jetpack works elsewhere- I've used it in Page and Flagstaff, Arizona.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Did you activate the SIM that came with it? I assume you bought it form Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting us know the your mobile hotspot works fine in the troubled location but the jetpack does not, n7cee. I can understand how this could be confusing and I'm happy to help get to the bottom of this. What's the nearest cross streets to the problematic location? Do the issues occur both inside and outside? Have you tried restart the jetpack?

RyanM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
n7cee

I assume the SIM card was already activated as the Jetpack worked in the other locations.

0 Likes
n7cee

There are no cross streets, it's a rural area. The location is Gouldings Airstrip, near Gouldings Lodge and the junction of Monument Valley Road, Rock Door Canyon Road, and Oljeto Road.

I tested the Jetpack indoors, right next to my Verizon phone, which worked perfectly as a hotspot. I reset the Jetpack several times. I didn't try it outside. It has to work indoors, as I want to use it to put an Ambient Weather WiFi weather station on the Internet for remote access.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

n7cee, these additional details help greatly. You had mentioned that your phone data and Hotspot work in this location. Do they receive a strong signal? Are you able to have the Jetpack closer to a window?

Melissa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
n7cee

I have not tried it by a window, but my phone and the Jetpack are side by side near two windows, and my phone works as a hotspot, while the Jetpack has no service.

Note that I am not on site- this is a remote location and I don't know when I'll be on site again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

n7cee, ensuring that it works properly everywhere is our top proirity. The best course of action at this time, is to troubleshoot the device when you're in the location. This helps to verify that we can actually get the device to function properly. Are you able to contact us once you're in the location?

Cassandra_VZW

0 Likes