Ellipsis Jetpack can connect only 8 devices but I have 12 kasa smart plugs
3schnauzers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand a maximum of 8 devices can be connected to Jetpack but I have 14 smart plugs that do not use a hub (Kasa/TP-Link.) I had DSL through Century Link for Internet and a Netgear Nighthawk 6700v3 as a wireless access point. I could still use it but Internet from the DSL modem to AP is Ethernet and I cannot figure out how to wirelessly connect to Internet through Jetpack. My computer is ASUS Nitro50 with latest build of Windows 10. Could I use a wireless adapter to connect with Jetpack and then run RJ45 cable ethernet from the computer to the 6700? I hate to waste money on a wireless adapter not being sure it will work..

3schnauzers
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack can connect only 8 devices but I have 12 kasa smart plugs
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

3schnauzers, I understand the need to be able to stay connected with your devices on your Jetpack. Due to the available connected devices, this will not be able to be extended. Are all devices connecting at once? The Mobile Hotspot provided from a Jetpack is not designed to be a replacement for home internet. JoseL_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack can connect only 8 devices but I have 12 kasa smart plugs
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

3schnauzers, I understand the need to be able to stay connected with your devices on your Jetpack. Due to the available connected devices, this will not be able to be extended. Are all devices connecting at once? The Mobile Hotspot provided from a Jetpack is not designed to be a replacement for home internet. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes