Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ellipsis Jetpack won't establish internet connection to Lenovo G505 laptop? How can I resolve this issue?
inherited_abstraction

Good day!

I recently received a Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack for home internet service, and I am having an issue connecting my Lenovo G505 laptop to the hotspot.

It connects but the connection is limited.

My laptop is running Windows 8.1.

My girlfriend has an ASUS laptop, also running windows 8 and did not have any issues connecting to the hotspot device, so it seems the issue is specific to Lenovo, and not Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack won't establish internet connection to Lenovo G505 laptop? How can I resolve this issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

inherited_abstraction, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. What happens when you try to connect to the internet on your laptop? Do you get an error messages?

For more device support, click http://vz.to/1kDL3MI

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack won't establish internet connection to Lenovo G505 laptop? How can I resolve this issue?
7e18n1

Limited means right click the Wireless icon and select Troubleshoot. This should tell you what is wrong and automatically repair the problem or give you the option to Apply Fix. If you need additional assistance please tell us what the troubleshooter said.

0 Likes
inherited_abstraction

Attached is a screenshot of what the troubleshooter says.

Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Likes
7e18n1

There is no attached screenshot…

0 Likes
inherited_abstraction

See attached.

0 Likes
7e18n1

Capture33.JPG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's keep working on this together. To clarify, how long does the Jetpack stay connected per session? What's the impacted zip code?

KristieQ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Visuals are very helpful, inherited_abstraction. Lamentably no attachments are displayed.
Are you able to connect other devices to your Jetpack and go online? Is there any physical/water damage to the device?

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
inherited_abstraction

It stays connected, the connection however, remains limited. I've ran the

troubleshooter and the problem has not been resolved.

My zip code is 20879.

Please advise.

On May 22, 2016 8:04 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes