Ellipsis jet pack disconnects at home only
LESPRitdunord

Can anyone help me?  I have been using an Ellipsis Jetpack for the past year with no problems,  then 2 weeks ago it suddenly started to disconnect from all my devices.  I only ever have my Imac, printer, ipad and amazon echo connected, and usually turn off the ipad and printer to save data usage.    the message I receive on my computer is   could not join jetpack a connection time out occurred.   Sometimes it will connect for 1-2 minutes then disconnects.   However it works perfectly if I use it away from my home.

I cannot think of any device that I have added to my home in the last 2 weeks that would effect my jetpack.   I am currently having to use my Smart phone as the hotspot.

Any advice......?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis jet pack disconnects at home only
derekr_vzw
Verizon Employee

LESPRitdunord,

We always want to make sure your device is working properly. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. What model Ellipsis Jetpack are you using? What devices are you connecting to when away from the home? 

DerekR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my  response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LESPRitdunord

hi, it is an ellipsis jetpack 4g lite mobile hotspot MHS800L

I have been calling the verizon technicians who are telling me they can’t work it out and it must be broken. I took the jetpack to my business 3 miles away from my home and it works fine, connects and stays connected to my iPhone and my iPad.

at home it wont stay connected to my iPhone , iPad, iMac or amazon echo. I only connect one or two devices at a time to try to save Data usage. it worked fine up until 2 weeks ago when it started to disconnect.

the jetpack has updated software, i have factory reset it, i have done everything the techs told me to do, I can only think that there is something in and around my home that has recently been set up that is interfering with it.

I am going to walk up my drive way with the jet pack and my iPad and see how far away from the house I can get until it stays connected !

0 Likes
andreas_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate these details, as well as all the steps you have taken, LESPRitdunord. Interference may be a factor since this is only occurring at home. Were you able to test your connection? Were the technicians able to open a ticket for your area?

AndreaS_VZW

If my  response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LESPRitdunord

no the technicians were not helpful, i took my iPad and hotspot to the top of my drive way which is approx 350 feet from the house itself I do not know what you mean by ‘ticket for my area’

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are referring to a trouble ticket for the VZW tech to investigate any service issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting us know LESPRitdunord. What was the result when taking the devices to the top of your driveway? Were you able to connect? Did our over-the-phone techs perform a coverage check of your area or file a ticket to see if a network issue exists in your immediate area?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
collish1

I am having the same issue with my jetpack....although it is a mifi 6620L - I don't see any resolution in this string ....were they able to figure out what was happening and fix it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want your Jetpack to disconnect from your devices Collish1. How long has this been going on for? What happens when you try to connect your devices back? Does this happen with all devices?

AmberF_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LESPRitdunord

Update:

Verizon Store decided that the antenna on my ellipsis jet pack was not working, But it was odd that it would work everywhere outside of my home which is on 5 acres !!

anyway- as I had an 'old’ hotspot - which Verizon told me last year that I must replace it with an Ellipsis jet pack as it was almost obsolete - I took my ‘old’ hot spot into the verizon store and they put in a new sim card and transferred my 2 year contract service to it. it works perfectly

it was only one year old when Verizon store told me to replace it and I believed them when they said the signals are different now and it wont receive correctly. It was absolute nonsense - they blatently lied to make a $200 sale.

sucks

0 Likes