How do I get my Ellipsis Jetpack to connect to my computer running Windows 8.1?
hdwmc

Has anyone had any problems connecting the jetpack (Ellipsis) to the internet with a computer that is running Windows 8,1?  I was able to remove my password and it connected, but I'm leary about connecting without the password.  It connected beautifully with my laptop using Windows 7 and my android phone (as well as the Verizon salesman's phone) who hooked me up.  Any help would greatly be appreciated!  I spent 2-1/2 hours on the phone with HP and Verizon support at the same time and neither tech had an answer.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm having trouble with my Ellipsis Jetpack connecting to a Windows 8.1 computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there hdwmc,

The Ellipsis Jetpack is a great device. It keeps you connected to our 4G LTE network on the go. It is compatible with Windows 8 so you should have  no issues with connecting your Jetpack to it.

Please try a soft reset,http://vz.to/1iTGL44, and restart your computer as well and try to connect again.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I'm having trouble with my Ellipsis Jetpack connecting to a Windows 8.1 computer
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ellipsis is a tablet with mobile hotspot capabilities and not a straight Jetpack device.

Just to be clear, you are trying to connect the Windows 8 computer to the Internet through the Ellipsis tablet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hdwmc

Thank you for your answer, but my Ellipsis is a jet pack.  There is a tablet called Ellipsis, however, mine is a wireless jet pack.  I believe it is relatively new (since around Dec. 2013) give or take a few months. 

I am trying to connect to the internet from my desktop computer running Windows 8.1 using my Ellipsis Jet Pack device.  My Ellipsis jet pack connected every device in the house except for the desktop.  Once I erased my password and tried getting on the internet via the jet pack and no password, my desktop computer accepted it and I was online.

I've been reading about connectivity issues that 8.1 is having right now.  I have a feeling that it is the Windows 8.1 issue more so than the jet pack. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there hdwmc,

The Ellipsis Jetpack is a great device. It keeps you connected to our 4G LTE network on the go. It is compatible with Windows 8 so you should have  no issues with connecting your Jetpack to it.

Please try a soft reset,http://vz.to/1iTGL44, and restart your computer as well and try to connect again.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes