Is it worth it to use only the jetpack and get rid of dsl?
LENRUT72

Is it worth it to use only the jetpack and get rid of dsl?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is it worth it to use only the jetpack and get rid of dsl?
rcschnoor
Legend

It depends on your plan and how much data you would use. If you are on the Verizon Plan with unlimited data and you are like many on these forums, you will not be happy with the speed of data once you hit the 10 GB threshold when you will be slowed to 3G speeds.

0 Likes
LENRUT72

Thanks for the response, did not know that about the slowdown threshold.

We have dsl through verizon, but due to where we live the service is adequate at best so we are trying to figure out our best move. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you believe many on this forum, the Jetpack becomes useless after reaching the 10 GB data threshold, and would likely be slower than your DSL service.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should find out how much data you use with the DSL line. You might be surprised how economical it is to keep the DSL line when you start shopping for a wireless equivalent to get the same usage at full speeds.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LENRUT72

Thank you.  The biggest issue is the extremely inconsistent performance of the dsl line

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Out of curiosity, how old is the modem or router on the DSL line? I would suggest troubleshooting the line to determine if it is the line itself or the devices that allow you to connect to it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TERHEM86
Enthusiast - Level 3

DON'T DO IT!!!!! You will be calling next month to get the DSL reconnected. My speed on the JetPack after 10GB in a billing cycle was often right at 10kbps (1/5 dialup speed). Many times the speed test page wouldnt even load. 1.5 minutes to load cnn.com with nothing else on the network. VZWs people still continue to perpetuate the "3G Speeds" lie. 2 bits per hour is a 3G speed too, why didn't they advertise it that way?

0 Likes