Jet pack issue - secured but no internet
Tgibb360

My phone accesses the jetpack just fine but my laptop can see the jetpack but reads "secure - no internet" please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Jet pack issue - secured but no internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, Tgibb360! We are concerned to hear that you are not able to connect to your Jetpack, and we would be more than happy to help you. Can you please elaborate further? When did this issue start? Is your laptop the only device that will not connect to the Jetpack? 

0 Likes
DarcyandLizzy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I never had any problems before but now when I connect to the Jetpack it says NO INTERNET CONNECTION. It is of no use to me if it won't connect to the internet. 

Stebbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought the Verizon 8800 L jetpack. For starters, it came to me with the old software, which had a lot of bugs and glitches, like turning itself off and disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly, and lots of other erratic Behavior, like not responding to the touch screen and having giant lags in touch screen control. The local Verizon store agents knew far less than I did about this jetpack and it's  issues . After spending more than an hour on a chat with two or three different " Verizon experts", my last resort was to hop in my car and drive around the neighborhood to see if the jetpack could actually connect to the internet, and I mean 20 miles distance, until the Verizon Jetpack finally connected and downloaded the software update referred to as 2A. Now, while the jetpack seems to respond to touch screen control, it's still giving me a home screen alert message "Data usage info is not available at this time." Even worse, while the jetpack says it is connected to the internet via 4G LTE, when I connect my phone to it, I cannot access the internet and my phone tells me that, while it's connected to the jetpack, "No internet connection available."  I really wanted this additional service to succeed, but so far the Verizon 8800 L jetpack has been an epic fail!  Can a real Verizon expert please step up and help resolve this terrible customer experience?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get you back to business! Are you using the Jetpack on a postpaid account with a monthly bill or on a Prepaid account? What is the exact model of your Jetpack? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your dilemma, and I want to make sure that your Jetpack (https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-jetpack-mifi-8800l/) works as intended. This channel is a peer to peer option and I see that your post is from 2 days ago. Are you still having issues with your Jetpack (https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-jetpack-mifi-8800l-troubleshooting/#!/main/device/&MIFI8800L...)?

You mention that you connected your phone to the Jetpack and it does not get internet connectivity. Have you tried to connect other devices (laptop computer, desk computer, tablet)?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Stebbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have connected other devices besides my phone to the jetpack 8800. The problem is that I have to open the back cover and using a paperclip hit reset every time that I go to use it. Of course, I lose all my settings like screen timeout etc etc. I hope you can help as this is very distracting and who has the time or wants to carry a paperclip around to reset an expensive piece of electronics every time they want to use it?

0 Likes
Stebbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mifi 8800L, SW Version 2A, Inseego

Hope you can help. This is taking the "cool" out of the jetpack:(

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stebbo, we are sending you a Private Note. 

0 Likes
bh0987

I rebooted it and now it works - but no clue how to reasonably troubleshoot this if it happens again.  I double-checked my bill (yeah, it was paid on time and the next one hasn't come yet), looked for anything else I could find but nothing - it's just a blank wall.  

Some kind of troubleshooting procedure when this happens would be useful.  I could get a different internet connection until it was solved this time, but there's no guarantee that won't happen again.  

0 Likes