Jet pack vs mobile hotspot on phone
Brianhealy

Why would I need a jet pack when I can use my phone as a mobile hotspot?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Jet pack vs mobile hotspot on phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm really glad you asked that question, Brianhealy. It's important to me that you know what the benefits and drawbacks are to using the mobile hotspot vs. the jetpack.

The main reason you would want to use a jetpack over the mobile hotspot on your device, is that you will drain your battery much quicker using the mobile hotspot on your smartphone.

Also, you may need to use your phone for other tasks, so you want it to be free to use, without stopping what you are streaming, and stay connected to your other devices, be it a tablet, a laptop, or a Smart TV.

Jetpacks are desiged for heavier data usage, while your smartphone has a mobile hotspot designed for occasional usage, and when Wi-Fi isn't available for you to connect another device.

NOTE: Never connect  your smartphone to your jetpack Wi-Fi because your are "doubling down," on your usage. Both devices get the same signal, so there's no need to ever connect the two. Please check out this link for more details: http://spr.ly/6608EpQC6.

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!