Jetpack overcharges
BryanR

We continually have excess usage on our Jetpack.  We have a prepaid plan.  Every time we fill the plan the usage is gone within minutes.  I used to think this was our kids.  We only use the Jetpack when we go on vacation.  Last weekend I filled the Jetpack.  I immediately receive a bill via email and 11 minutes later received notification that our data was over 50% used.  I contacted customer service who was very helpful.  She refilled our data and watched as I navigated the internet to see how much data was being used.  We used less than 5 meg over the 10 minutes she watched.  She said if it happened again there was probably a problem with the Jetpack and they would need to send me a new one and for me to return the one I have.  I shut the computer off.  The next morning I logged back on and immediately received notification that we had used in excess of 50% of the data.  I used the Jetpack for another 10-15 minutes before it disconnected me with saying all of our data was used.  I contacted customer service again.  The agent was very rude so I asked to speak with someone else.  I spoke with Edgar who again was very rude.  He offered to fill the data again for free but I told him there was a problem and I didn't simply want to have the data refilled.  I wanted the problem fixed.  He refused to do anything else and said I must be watching videos, which was completely untrue.  He refused to let me speak with anyone else.  What else can be done?  There has to be a problem when the data disappears when nothing is connected or is gone within minutes of purchasing data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Jetpack overcharges
derekr_vzw
Verizon Employee

BryanR,

I can understand wanting to get this issue figured out and not just have data refilled and watch it disappear again. How long has this been going on? Do you leave the jetpack on after shutting off the computer?

DerekR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupprt

0 Likes
BryanR

We had normally not turned it off unless we were gone from the premesis.  The last time we had the problem the person I spoke with me encouraged me to turn it off when it is not in use.  I did as requested and when I logged on the next morning the device immediately gave us a message of 50% data used.  We do not stream video.  We do not play music.  The total time we used the device after Verizon providing a complimentary refill was maybe 20-25 minutes.

The time before we were provided complimentary data we used over 50% of the data almost immediately of being connected to the internet through the device.

0 Likes
derekr_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate the added detail, BryanR. The amount of usage you are reporting would certainly cause some concern for me as well. Unfortunately we don not have access to Prepaid accounts to be able to take a closer look. This would need to be done by our Prepaid Team(888-294-6804). How long have you had the device? Did you ever ask about a warranty replacment?

DerekR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupprt

0 Likes
BryanR

The first CS rep was very helpful.  She attempted to diagnose the problem and told me that if I continued to experience problems Verizon would replace the device and have me return the one I have.  She confirmed that the issues I was experiencing should not be happening.  The second CS rep was rude and unhelpful and said I must be watching HD videos which I informed him I was not watching any videos.  I spoke with this CS reps supervisor, Edgar, who again was very rude and refused to do anything other than try refilling my data again.  I requested Edgar let me speak with his supervisor.  Edgar refused and said there was nobody else there higher than him and there was nothing Verizon was willing to do to correct the situation.  The only thing he would do was refill the data. 

I just want the problem corrected.  This jetpack was purchased in June 2016.  We have used it a total of approximately 5 times and have had the same problem every time.  Every time it has been used is from the same location, zip code 65641.

0 Likes
BryanR

Derek,

I have received no additional response since April 11.  Is there something else I can do to get this resolved?

0 Likes
Glenie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Bryan,

I just went through the same experience with the jetpack and added a post to this forum called consumer fraud.  I am contacting the federal trade commission to file a case, the Better Business Bureau to add visibility to this issue and an attorney to see if there is a class action suit opened for this issue.

Regards Glenie [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes