Mifi 800l - Swollen Battery
OMG_Its_Steph

Hi, I just noticed my MiFi 800l has a swollen battery.  I was able to take the battery out, however, I am traveling right now and will be flying home Monday.  Is the battery safe to travel with until I can get back home - the MiFi is a work device so I am just really not sure what to do as I am traveling.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mifi 800l - Swollen Battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are as safe as possible as your safety is always a top priority first and foremost for us.  If you are travelling within the U.S., we would suggest going into a store location to  have it examined  to be sure.  Here is our store locator:

https://www.verizon.com/stores

Does this help?

0 Likes
Swholmes47

Went to the Verizon store to get a new battery and they told me I needed to buy it because I did not have insurance. The device 1 1/2 yo and as I'm reading through complaints this is not the only MiFi device they have an issue with swollen battery in the back popping out. If it is a fire hazard I do believe it is on the part of Verizon to replace the battery and or the unit for free. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Swholmes47, it's imperative that you have a properly working device. Did your device have any physical or liquid damage? Based on the details that you've provided, it sounds like the device was out of warranty. Is that correct? 

-Lasina

0 Likes
Swholmes47

Never had liquid or water damage and you guys are customer support should know how long the warranty is, I'm not sure.  With the questions and replies to this MIFI and other MIFI that I have seen up here this seems to be an ongoing issue with batteries.  What is scary is when I read it could be a fire hazard also makes me wonder where does the fire liability revert to?  Even knowing that bit of information and remaining to sell the product with defective batteries says it's a monetary gain issue instead of safety.  We just wanted a new battery and to have the unit inspected but was just told to buy a new battery.  Sad!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. Our devices have a one year warranty. Did you purchase that device from Verizon Wireless or a third party seller? 

-Lasina

0 Likes
Swholmes47

Bought from Russell Cellular an Authorized Verizon Retailer, Windsor, VA.  23487 I guess they have permission from Verizon to sell Verizon products

0 Likes
Swholmes47

Lasina, hello?

0 Likes
Swholmes47

Wow, waited the rest of the day for Lasina to respond to my answer to her question and she ghosted me.  I guess Verizon is not standing behind their product.  Money, money, money!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a closer look into this with you. Please send sa Private Note. 

*Gen

0 Likes