My Jetpack constantly disconnects
Tapunks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I basically live in a semi-truck and enjoy playing my console games. When it's near the end of the day I'll stop in an area with 4g and 4-5 bars of connection (anything less and Verizon gives you a connection that makes dial-up seem fast). I've had my Jetpack a few months now and until this last week never had a problem with it. Now every 30 seconds it'll disconnect from my game console. I check the Jetpack and it shows being on with 4-5 bars and 1 device connected (my console) then I check the consoles network and it'll have reconnected by then. I always turn off the device after use so it's never on longer than 5 hours, so don't ask me a worthless stupid idiotic moronic waste of time question like "Have you tried restarting it?" And I dont over charge the device either having been warned it'll melt the battery. The whole point of having the Jetpack was unlimited 4g service and never dropping to 3g service. I have a completely isolated account for the Jetpack just for this service because if you add a Jetpack on your account it gets a whopping 5gigs of 4g then 3g. Yet now I'm paying $80/month with autopay for a useless block of plastic. I can connect with my phone and it doesn't have the same issue so I tested the console. I always try the Jetpack first, get the same constant disconnects and revert to my phone as a hotspot. My phone is Verizon also and magically doesn't disconnect every 30 seconds. So it's not the console with the problem, it's the Jetpack messing up. The phone is unlimited but not unlimited 4g, they're stingy like that, which was the reason I needed the Jetpack. heck I have a T-Mobile phone and at 1 bar of connection, it'll give me a better connection than the Jetpack now, and T-Mobile is terrible! How will you fix this Jetpack issue? I swear if you ask me something I already answered we're going to have a problem...

Labels (1)
Re: My Jetpack constantly disconnects
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand where your frustration is coming from. We want more than anything to ensure you love your devices, services and bill. Does your Jetpack have any physical damages? How many devices do you have connected to the Jetpack? We're eager to hear from you soon. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
DENJOH99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to Jetpack land. This is all so familiar, so I do understand. I use it for my wifi home security cameras. I cannot name a convenient time for the jetpack to disconnect the cameras. Just be careful, mine and others have seemingly overheated and the outer case is bubbled.

milton1979
Enthusiast - Level 1

this thing is the most useless jetpack in the world, for a company like Verizon that states they are the best in the world, this sort of thing is pathetic.  My jetpack does the exact same thing, 2 cameras a nest security system.  It keeps disconnecting the devices, i have to turn off the thing and reconnecting, i use it to keep an eye on my business, whats the point if i can see if im being broken into.  I think i might have to breach my contract and go with a different company for my internet, and maybe even mobile service.

milton1979
Enthusiast - Level 1

this thing is the most useless jetpack in the world, for a company like Verizon that states they are the best in the world, this sort of thing is pathetic.  My jetpack does the exact same thing, 2 cameras a nest security system.  It keeps disconnecting the devices, i have to turn off the thing and reconnecting, i use it to keep an eye on my business, whats the point if i can see if im being broken into.  I think i might have to breach my contract and go with a different company for my internet, and maybe even mobile service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds frustrating, Milton1979, and keeping tight security on your business is crucial, I agree. What model Jetpack do you have? Are you wanting these cameras and your security system to run 24-hours a day? JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
Tapunks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jetpack is undamaged. Mostly 1 device, sometimes 2 at the most. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. Rest assured that we're here to help. Do you know if you have the same issue when connecting a different device to the Jetpack? Have you seen any error messages? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
ayesphy

I have had a Verizon hot spot for about six years.  I have two ellipsis now.  I use them to connect security cameras in two remote locations.   I have reported this problem to Verizon and their only recommendations were to reboot, move to a better coverage location, and buy a product designed to work 24 hours.  If you have hot spots on continuous power input, then remove the battery. This will prevent overcharging and damaging the batteries.  

It seems the ellipsis devices fail to reconnect after reboot, requiring manual input to reconnect.   I suspect that every time Verizon sends out a patch that a reboot is required and it disconnects the devices.  Often, both of my ellipsis will disconnect at the same time.  They both disconnected on 30AUG20 and now I have to physically go to both of the remote locations and hit one button on the device and they reconnect.  I have done it many, many times and have accepted that this is the routine.  I can't rationalize several hundred dollars each for a cradlepoint router with an air card and who is to say that the same issue doesn't exist with the aircards?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure we are providing the assistance you need ayesphy. To clarify, are you stating the devices disconnect when they are updated? Do you experience any issues with the data speeds on the device? What plan do you have for your jetpack?

0 Likes