Selling a Jetpack
frostyriver

I have a Verizon jetpack that I bought less than a year ago and only used for 3 months. I now have no use for it. I would like to sell it privately. However, I've never sold anything like this before (cell phone, hotspot, etc.). What do I need to do to safely sell it? It is listed inactive in my Verizon account. Do I need to remove the SIM card or do anything else to it before selling it to someone else? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Selling a Jetpack
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Be sure to cancel the line used by the Jetpack from your account. Remove the SIM card and factory reset the device before selling it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
frostyriver

Thank you! When I chatted with someone from Verizon, they told me I didn't have to do anything. I found that to be surprising. That is why I asked on here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frostyriver, we are sorry to hear you no longer have any use for your jetpack device. Please allow us the opportunity to explore your options. Can you please let us know why you no longer have any use for the jetpack? Also, do you know if you will be selling this jetpack to a friend or family member who has Verizon? We ask this because if your jetpack is currently under a 2-year contract, there will be an early termination associated with the disconnect. To help avoid any unwanted fees, you will have the option to process a transfer of service to the individuals Verizon account which will carry over the current terms and contract for the jetpack device. Please follow this link for more details of our “transfer your service” process http://vz.to/2oIUFhz and reference number 1 in the first 2 sections. 

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
frostyriver

Thanks for your reply! I paid for it outright, so there is no 2 year agreement. We tried using it for our home internet for a few months as our rural options are very limited. However, we didn't like the throttling of speed after 20 gig. So we found another option (Verizon DSL). We have 2 verizon smartphones, so that takes care of our mobile needs. As a result, I have a jetpack I have no use for. I would be selling it online to someone I probably don't know, so I want to make sure I do whatever I need to, to 'clear it.' I've never sold anything like this, so I want to make sure I do it right. It is currently listed as inactive on my account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frostyriver, thank you for sharing this helpful information. We are excited to see that you have extended your services with us (Verizon DSL). We can understand wanting to sell the jet pack that you no longer have any use for. We would like the opportunity to further review the details of the jet pack line. I have sent you a private message. Please respond to that message. Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
MGK1

I also have a jetpack that has been fully paid for, the line is canceled, the contract is out.  How can I seel it?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Swappa

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you for providing me the added details. You may take the steps to use third party stores to sell your Jetpack there. You may also trade-in your Jetpack here and you will receive a Verizon Wireless gift card. http://spr.ly/6607EnK3B The good thing about trading-in your device, you may use the gift card towards your bill and accessories. How does that sound?