Verizon Jetpack gets extremely hot while using. Anyone else have this problem?
Jush62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does my mobile hotspot get hot when using?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Jetpack gets extremely hot while using. Anyone else have this problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jush62. It concerns us to hear your Jetpack is getting hot when used. Your safety is our priority, and we will make sure this is addressed. We have some questions to better assist. When did this problem begin? Is the battery swollen?  DavidR_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack gets extremely hot while using. Anyone else have this problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jush62. It concerns us to hear your Jetpack is getting hot when used. Your safety is our priority, and we will make sure this is addressed. We have some questions to better assist. When did this problem begin? Is the battery swollen?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Jush62
Enthusiast - Level 1

The mobile hotspot has gotten hot from the first time it was ever used. The battery is not swollen. I spend a lot of time checking on it to see if it’s hot or not. 85% of the time it is hot. I remove the back of the mobile hotspot, then the battery and let it cool down. Usually about 15-20 minutes. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly not uncommon for a jetpack or even a phone to get hot when the hotspot is being used. Are you able to actually touch the battery when removing it or do you need to use something to remove it because it's too hot to touch? Does it get hot both on and off the charger while in use or only when on the charger? How do you primarily use the jetpack (video streaming, gaming or just for light internet use such as checking emails, social media sites, etc.)? Lastly, how many devices are typically connected to the jetpack when in use?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Breezen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. The battery is not swollen.

The battery was replaced in February of this year with an original Verizon oem battery bc the original battery got swollen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Breezen. We are sorry to hear that your battery is getting hot. Does this happen when the Jetpack is being used or when it is charging?  CassieG_VZW

0 Likes