Why won't my MHS700L Ellipsis jetpack turn on?
darcimykell

My jetpack won't turn on. When I plug it in, the light is red. I leave it plugged in for a while and the light turns green. Even after all this, it still won't power on. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MHS700L Ellipsis jetpack won't turn on
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Red lights normally mean there is an issue with the SIM card.  This often requires a replacement SIM to fix the problem.

According to the Elipsis Jetpack User Guide the device will start off with a Red LED by default.  Once it is fully charged then it will go to green.  So we can atleast rule out that your Jetpack is fully charged.

Elipsis Jetpack User Guide (see page 5):

http://ec-cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/ellipsis-jetpack-um/ellipsis-jetpack-um.pdf

To turn on this Jetpack you need to press and hold the Power/Menu button for a few seconds.  Try this procedure while the Jetpack is charging and again while it is not to compare.  See if you can get any kind of feedback from the device.

Worst case scenario you will have to contact VZW for replacement options under the Jetpacks 1 year warranty.
VZW phone support should be effective at getting you a replacement device for this kind of a defect.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: MHS700L Ellipsis jetpack won't turn on
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Red lights normally mean there is an issue with the SIM card.  This often requires a replacement SIM to fix the problem.

According to the Elipsis Jetpack User Guide the device will start off with a Red LED by default.  Once it is fully charged then it will go to green.  So we can atleast rule out that your Jetpack is fully charged.

Elipsis Jetpack User Guide (see page 5):

http://ec-cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/ellipsis-jetpack-um/ellipsis-jetpack-um.pdf

To turn on this Jetpack you need to press and hold the Power/Menu button for a few seconds.  Try this procedure while the Jetpack is charging and again while it is not to compare.  See if you can get any kind of feedback from the device.

Worst case scenario you will have to contact VZW for replacement options under the Jetpacks 1 year warranty.
VZW phone support should be effective at getting you a replacement device for this kind of a defect.

0 Likes