cannot connect to my.jetpack
NimbleBean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else have this problem?

Labels (1)
Re: cannot connect to my.jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, NimbleBean. We are happy to help you get connected here. What type of Jetpack are you using? What type of device are you trying to connect to the jetpack?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
NimbleBean
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Ellipsis Jetpack MHS815L which apparently needs to be updated.  The jetpack itself works fine.  The problem is that I can't connect to the website http://my.jetpack or 192.186.1.1.  The my.jetpack site simply doesn't exist (thanks Verizon!) and at 192.186.1.1, there is a login but the user name is admin (which I can't change) and when I enter the password from the jetpack, it always says login failed.  I also downloaded the Jetpack Upgrade tool, but that says the unit cannot be found.  Been to the store twice, got a new jetpack and sim card.  Same results all around.  This is ridiculously frustrating.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you providing us with the details of your concern, NimbleBean. I'm glad to read that your service on the jetpack is working but updating your jetpack should not be a frustrating experience. Let's work together to get your software updated on the MHS815L. What operating system are you using on your computer? I also noticed that the IP address that you mentioned is inaccurate. Try 19.168.1.1 for us and see if you are able to get to the log in page and sign in. Keep us posted with the results so we can walk through the process together.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NimbleBean
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZW Customer service,

The IP address I listed, and which you mention is inaccurate, was copied directly from Verizon!  The alternate - 19.168.1.1 - you gave me doesn't work.  Keep getting a message that the site can't be reached.  I've checked to ensure it's not a firewall issue on my side, but it's not.

I am using Windows 10.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies that the IP Address is not working for you, NimbleBean. Just to ensure we supplied all the proper steps to you, were these the steps taken to access the My Jetpack Tool?

1. Connect your Wi-Fi capable device to the Jetpack.
2. Open a web browser on your connected device and enter http://my.jetpack or
http://192.168.1.1.
3. Click on Sign In, enter your password in the Admin Password box, and then click
Sign In. (Click the Power/Menu button quickly three times to see password)

We look forward to your response.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes