ellipsis jetpack powers off randomly. Battery fully charged and plugged into power source
SAILORLIZMI
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having problems with it just shutting down. My power button will not work to turn it back on.  I have to press the reset button to turn back on. It is up to date with firmware 3.3.3.0-25569.  When signing in, it shows battery fully charged, plus it is plugged into the electric socket. I have logging turned on and nothing recorded in the log when it shuts itself off.  This just stated happening within the last two or three weeks. Anyone else have this problem?

Labels (1)
Re: ellipsis jetpack powers off randomly. Battery fully charged and plugged into power source
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What troubleshooting steps have you completed since you started having this issues with the jetpack? What is the model of the device?

0 Likes
Re: ellipsis jetpack powers off randomly. Battery fully charged and plugged into power source
SAILORLIZMI
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a notification in my email that there was a reply to this, I can only see it in my email? I am logged into my verizon account but it says unauthorized? Anyway my answer to the question is this.

Model - MHS800L

Troubleshooting, just resetting it and turning on log to see if anything recorded before it shuts down.

Thanks,

Liz

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that your Jetpack works consistently. From what you described, it sounds like there may be an issue with the power button itself. Do you know if there is any physical damage to the device, or if it was exposed to water recently? We are glad to hear that you are running the latest device software. Have you taken any other troubleshooting steps since this began occurring, such as removing all power from the device for a time by unplugging the device and removing the battery?

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SAILORLIZMI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the power button isn’t working anymore. No damage such as dropping or exposed to water. It sits in the same place in our house.

It is behaving again and has not powered down. I did unplug from power but did not remove battery.

Liz

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SAILORLIZMI, I depend on my internet connection at home. Let's get this figured out. You stated that the power button does not work anymore, how are you turning on/off the device? Does the button not click when pressing down?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAILORLIZMI
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is on 24/7, but to check the menu, you have to press that button, which nothing happens. So I am assuming it is not depressing. It is one of those buttons that is flush with the case.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the details you've provided thus far, SAILORLIZMI. I have sent you a Private Message to best assist.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SAILORLIZMI
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did send you that information and never heard from anyone. I am still having the problem.

0 Likes