2 Ellipsis 7 Tablets - 1 with & 1 without problems
speak1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both my husband and I recceived our tablets 1 week ago. While I have experienced virtually very few issues with mine, my husband has had nothing but problems with his. I've seen many of the posts re: insufficient memory as the most common issue on this forum. That is the exact problem my husband is experiencing with his tablet - not enough app space. I, thankfully, have not had that problem. Why the difference? Upon further review, we noticed his tablet's storage is divided into "app space" and "tablet space." My apps are subdivided as I'm used to with all other devices: "downloaded", "running", and "all".  His app space is the problem. Yes, he has already moved what is "allowed" to the tablet space. Why the difference between our 2 tablets? How can his problem be changed so that his tablet is setup and operates like mine? (We acquired them at the same place and time.)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 Ellipsis 7 Tablets - 1 with & 1 without problems
speak1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I was having trouble signing into my account when wanting to respond to your questions. In the meantime, I called Verizon (*611) for assistance and they also connected me to tech support (Anthony was/is AMAZING!!!!) to address tablet issues. It turns out that the software versions of my husband's Ellipsis tablet vs.mine are different. Again, he has problems with his tablet and I don't. His tablet is going to be sent back (free) by Verizon to configure his software version (SW: MV7A_31D26_422) to match mine (SW: MV7A_31D25_422A7). I HIGHLY RECOMMEND others' with memory issues check their software versions as well. It can be found by:

1. going to Settings,

2. clicking on About Tablet, and

3. scrolling down to Software Version.

I hope this helps. I will also post as a separate topic for people to see. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

speak1, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. I know I would be concerned as well. Does your husband have more applications on his tablet compared to yours? How about photos, music, or e-mails? Does he clear out his e-mails from time to time? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
speak1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I was having trouble signing into my account when wanting to respond to your questions. In the meantime, I called Verizon (*611) for assistance and they also connected me to tech support (Anthony was/is AMAZING!!!!) to address tablet issues. It turns out that the software versions of my husband's Ellipsis tablet vs.mine are different. Again, he has problems with his tablet and I don't. His tablet is going to be sent back (free) by Verizon to configure his software version (SW: MV7A_31D26_422) to match mine (SW: MV7A_31D25_422A7). I HIGHLY RECOMMEND others' with memory issues check their software versions as well. It can be found by:

1. going to Settings,

2. clicking on About Tablet, and

3. scrolling down to Software Version.

I hope this helps. I will also post as a separate topic for people to see. Thanks again.

0 Likes
speak1
Enthusiast - Level 2

OOPS!! ERROR in previous post re: my software version. It should be MV7A_31D25_422A. There should NOT be a 7 at the end.

0 Likes