5.1.1 update! Opinions?
kenmoffat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm happy to see a system update to 5.1.1. I'm seeking opinions. My ellipses has been running very slow, so I'm hoping this update will help. The sluggishness is extremely frustrating!

0 Likes
Re: 5.1.1 update! Opinions?
Snn5
Legend

You've got nothing to lose!!!

0 Likes
kenmoffat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did it, we'll see.

MrMELTDOWN

Time will tell but one thing I've noticed so far is my screen brightness keeps fluctuating even though it's not on auto and I keep it at less than half.

0 Likes
SKalber71
Enthusiast - Level 2

The ellipsis will probably run slow no matter what because it only has 1 gig of ram. I am happy with the lollipop update. I thought it wasn't going to get it.

0 Likes
jfgarnant

Have used 5.1.1 for almost 24 hours and it does not speed up the system, quite the opposite. The system will seem more responsive and then slow down as it attempts to process. Will give it time but this is not encouraging.

0 Likes
jimmythebike
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely terrible!   Since update tablet so slow it is virtually unusable. Is there any any way to undo this attrocity?

jfgarnant

As far as I am aware no, rollback is not possible. Call Verizon and ask but I would assume we are stuck with it. No one has made an attempt to root either.

0 Likes
Junkman904

So far I'm not pleased with the new update. It lags really bad and at the moment, it will not take the Facebook update.

0 Likes
jfgarnant

Yes, I would definitely uninstall the Facebook app. It locks the whole system down when trying to update. I would avoided until fixed entirely.

0 Likes