Acts like power button is being repeatedly pushed
nbriney

My tablet keeps going to the lock screen over and over. It acts like the power button is being pushed repeatedly or is stuck. It doesn't feel like it sticks when I actually push it but it just keeps going back to the lock screen over and over and over without touching the button! How do I make it stop!?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Acts like power button is being repeatedly pushed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts Natalie! We may need to consider bringing your tablet in for repair. Before we try that, let's run one more test. Please do a factory reset as per this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-146202/ and ensure that you disable Automatic Restore as per this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-120308/ Once factory reset is completed, please run/test your tablet for a day or two without any third party applications and let us know if you encounter the issue while testing.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nbriney,

Hmm, that is definitely odd! Let's see what we can figure out to keep that tablet from locking you out. To be sure, are you aware if you set your security settings to lock the device after the display powers down? Also, do you currently know what your display sleep time is set to? These may be a few quick settings we can check to see if this is causing the trouble.

To check the display sleep time, from the Home screen, tap Apps Apps icon > Settings > DisplaySleep. Let's see what the device is currently set to.

Next we can check to see how if the device is set to Automatically Lock after a certainy time. To do so, you can go to Settings > Security > and we can check both the Screen Lock setting and the Automatically Lock setting. Take a look and keep us posted.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nbriney

The sleep time is set to 30 minutes, the  security is set to swipe. It keeps turning to the lock screen on its own and occasionally the Power Down/Restart/Cancel menu pops up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that awesome information nbriney. Let's continue on with further troubleshooting. Do you currently have a case on the tablet? Please try to power the phone ( if it allows you to) up in Safe Mode to test to see if it still happens: http://vz.to/1Hop610  Do you have a memory card installed in the tablet?

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nbriney

I have removed the case and tried running the tablet in safe mode. No changes, still can't even use this tablet because of this problem and its nearly new!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure this is resolved, nbriney! I appreciate all you've done to try to figure out this problem. Since it is still occurring, I would recommend completing a Factory Reset of your device. A reset will erase the device, but will also wipe the software and help correct any problems or glitches you're experiencing. Any information you've backed up will be able to be redownloaded. The instructions for resetting can be found here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-146202/  Please keep us posted!

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nbriney

I have done the factory reset. It continues to have this problem!! I have had this tablet for approx. one month now and I have hardly been able to use it!

0 Likes
nbriney

There are times when it becomes less frequent but there are times it constantly does it over and over and over

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are not giving up, nbriney. I know this can be annoying. Do you notice this happening when doing a specific function on your device? Does your tablet have any physical/water damage? When the factory reset was done on your phone, did you restore all content back to your tablet or was it activated as new?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts Natalie! We may need to consider bringing your tablet in for repair. Before we try that, let's run one more test. Please do a factory reset as per this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-146202/ and ensure that you disable Automatic Restore as per this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-120308/ Once factory reset is completed, please run/test your tablet for a day or two without any third party applications and let us know if you encounter the issue while testing.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes