Android charging issues
Danofhamilton

I have an ellipses 8 tablet that u haven't used in a few months. When I went to charge it and use it the other day, a symbol of a battery with a "?" in it came up and it woukd not charge. Does anybody know what this symbol means or how I could go about fixing it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android charging issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danofhamilton and CampbellFr, we definitely want to ensure the batteries of your tablets can be recharged for you to use the tablets. There is a work around to this matter. You’ll need to use the USB cable that came with the tablet to plug the device into a computer USB port for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, the question mark should disappear and a battery icon will be displayed. Once this happens, you can resume using the normal charger to get the tablet fully charged.

Give this a try and let us know how this works.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure we get your tablet working Danofhamilton. Have you tried a different charger? Is this the charger that came with the tablet?
AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CampbellFr

Same issue.  I have tried the charger that came with the tablet.  I have tried a different charger.  I have tried charging with my computer.  I have tried a soft reboot. Nothing works.  What does the question mark mean?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CampbellFr, thank you for this information. Have your tried plugging the device into the charging cable when the device is fully powered off?

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Danofhamilton

I have tried the charger that came with the device and other chargers. Either way I end up with the "?" battery symbol and it never charges.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Danofhamilton. Let's continue working o this and take a closer look a the tablet. I am confident we can find a solution for you.

Does the tablet have any physical or water damage? How long did you leave it on the charger when you were attempting to power it back on? We will be on stand by waiting to help once we have a few more details.
SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danofhamilton and CampbellFr, we definitely want to ensure the batteries of your tablets can be recharged for you to use the tablets. There is a work around to this matter. You’ll need to use the USB cable that came with the tablet to plug the device into a computer USB port for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, the question mark should disappear and a battery icon will be displayed. Once this happens, you can resume using the normal charger to get the tablet fully charged.

Give this a try and let us know how this works.

MarkP_VZW

0 Likes
Danofhamilton

My apologies for the delayed response. I attempted what you said, the "?" is gone but it still won't hold a charge. I've had my tablet on the charger for 2 days and it still says 0%

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for attempting that for us. Let's get to the bottom of this. Is the tablet still able to be used when still connected to the charger?

KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes