Re: Any new Ellipsis 7 owners care to tell me what they think of their new tablet?
allthisforwhat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same exact issue and they are finally sending me a new sim card, this think is a frustrating piece of crap! I just turned it off and am on my 5 year old laptop. I wish I could send this thing back but I had it past the ten days before I figured out it was garbage. Worst product I have ever purchased in my life!

0 Likes
Re: Any new Ellipsis 7 owners care to tell me what they think of their new tablet?
Darrylbowen1959

Personally I am having no issues. I have an iPad 3 plus a new laptop plus brand new LG G3 but this littler guy sticks right with me. Best part is that in my office everyone falls back to  3g but this little guy keeps humming at 4g so I sit landscape and monitor personal mail. My iPad as not cell enabled so this fills a nice gap.

My only real question is where do I find downloaded PDF files.

Any help with that would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Click on the apps icon. Go to "Downloads" click it.

Your .PDF Adobe files should show up there.

Good Luck

0 Likes
save-ferris

I agree.   Bought two for business.  I was originally told I could port two numbers over for my devices.  Lie number one.  After a week of using one of the devices, one night it started getting really hot and finally went out completely.  Called the store and was told to bring it in for an exchange. Got to the store a few days later only to be told by another salesman( the guy I talked to was conveintly on vacation) that they do not do exchanges on the store.Lie number two.  Great, so he ordered a pick up of the device and a few days later a shipping box came in.  I sent it off and got it back about 2 weeks.  While waiting for the tablet to come back I used the other tablet. In the meantime I had decided to upgrade my wireless modem and use it at home because I was assured the tablet could be tethered to a laptop or simply used as a mobile hot spot. After a few hours of tech support and a hard reset later the issue is still not able to use the tablet as as a hotspot. Lie number three.

If you have any doubts why you shouldn't get the tablet, just look at the online opinion poll. Well over half ( think 60% to 70%)  are dissatisfied with this tablet. 

This thing is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

No class action is allowed per US Supreme Court.

Good Luck

Darrylbowen1959

Got it, thanks.  Still doing fine with it.  I do agree battery life could be better but then that's not so much a comment as a suggestion for the next iteration.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Oops you replied to the wrong person. I replied to save-ferris

Good Luck

0 Likes
BassMan81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had this tablet for  a couple months and have complete buyers remorse. I should have known I would be this unhappy with it. I use many different tablets for my job in testing our apps and have NEVER had so many issues.

Aside from the storage issues... which I can get over.... I am now on my 3rd Ellipsis 7 from Verizon! The first one raced down from a full battery to 0% in about 10 minutes and got extremely hot. The only way to use it after that was to have it on the charger so i sent it back in. They sent me a refurb which worked for a couple weeks at most before the SIM reader died leaving me without wireless capabilities outside of WIFI. I took this directly to a verizon store where the staff helped me try to figure it out (BTW... The staff at my local store were fantastic). I had to have it replaced again and so far it is working. However, my opinion of anything Verizon branded will never change... This device is a cheap piece of junk. I should have purchased either an iPad, Samsung, Nexus or LG tablet. I will never stray to save a buck again when it comes to tech.

thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

It's cheaply made. Even if it's free it's cheap, not worth the $10 data fee.

0 Likes
Issy79RAY

Honestly, the longer I keep it the more disappointing it is!!  The battery life on it is absolutely awful.  I charged it completed yesterday to 100%, did not use it and this morning it is at 13% charge.  No major apps are running in the background. It has the update from January that supposedly helped with the issue but it did not major. Tells me it was worse prior to that and that does not sound good.  I am going to see about getting another tablet, not this brand!

0 Likes