Blank screen after KitKat update
compuoso

I just completed the KitKat update on an Ellipsis 7 tablet that's connected to Verizon's network, but now I'm only getting a blank screen after the welcome screen displays. Fyi: the first part of this update went smoothly. Can anyone can help me resolve this issue? I really like this tablet and use it everyday.

0 Likes
Re: Blank screen after KitKat update
compuoso

UPDATE: I removed my 16 GB micro SD card (not the original 8 GB SIM card) and now I get the "powered by Android" message after the "Welcome" screen, but that's it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's bring back the full power of your tablet, compuoso! If the device will not complete the boot process please try starting in Safe Mode. Here is a link with instruction for the Ellipsis 7: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-88245/. If this is unsuccessful as it does not get to the "Verizon Wireless" screen please start the process for a factory reset through the alternate method listed at: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-88206/
Please keep me updated on the status as I would love to help ensure this is resolved!
Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to hear of the difficulites you are experiencing with your device after the recent software update compuoso. Let's get your device back up and running. Have you tried to plug the tablet to the charger? After you get the Welcome screen, does the tablet power off or is it on but the screen will not light up?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
flycasual
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue described above, and have attempted both methods to restore to factory defaults.  The problem is, I do not get the Verizon splash screen after the "Powered by Android" displays, so I cannot seem to access safe mode.  Hoping that this thread is still being monitored by Verizon and they can provide additional details/suggestions on how to resolve this.

bassclarinetl2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having a similar issue.  The tablet will display the welcome screen, followed by a quick "powered by android" and then the screen is blank but the backlight is on.  Pressing the power button to turn the device off results in the device powering up by itself and both "safe mode" and "factory reset" are inaccessable via their button combinations.

flo_purdy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having a similar problem - the tablet will not move beyond the "welcome" screen.  Holding down the power button, or the power button and volume down button in combination, simply causes the screen to go black, and then the "welcome" pops back up and freezes there.

RicoJH28
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. This is crazy I just got this tablet!

dqdw01

Same thing here.  Upgraded now blank screen after the powered by android goes away.  We're waiting Verizon!  Did you not test this upgrade before the ota push??  I can't even get to any of the boot options hard reset or safe mode.  It stops booting after the powered by android screen.  Device can't be turned off it simply turns it's self back on.

0 Likes
compuoso

I contacted Verizon support and a couple of techs attempted to walk me through alternate boot methods. However, as bassclarinetl2 noted, "pressing the power button to turn the device off results in the device powering up by itself and both 'safe mode' and 'factory reset' are inaccessible via their button combinations." Therefore, I'm sending my tablet in to be repaired or replaced under warranty. Depending on how long you've had your Ellipsis 7 tablet, you may be able to do the same.

Incidentally, I have another (seemingly) identical Ellipsis 7 tablet and was able to successfully install the KitKat upgrade on this second tablet, which I'm using now. The sooner Verizon determines why the upgrade worked on one tablet and not the other, the better.

0 Likes