Can I change my tablet, which is also my hotspot, to a 3G setting instead of 4G LTE. My daughter is visiting and has a 3G hotspot that works here (we live in the woods) but my 4G doesnt work out here?
Jewelster66

We purchased this tablet to be our hotspot.  The only problem is we live out in the country and the hotspot has the same trouble as our cells phones.  My husband has a 3G cell phone and I have a 4G cell phone.  He can usually make and place calls, I cannot.  I would like to be able to use our hotspot out in the country as we are limited with data with our home plan to 25G per month.  It would be nice to supplement with what our hotspot provides as well but cannot connect to a tower (3G).  Can you switch the tablet to locate whatever tower is closet not necessarily the best (4G). 

0 Likes
Re: Can I change my tablet, which is also my hotspot, to a 3G setting instead of 4G LTE. My daughter is visiting and has a 3G hotspot that works here (we live in the woods) but my 4G doesnt work out here?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Jewelster66,

We understand the importance of ensuring you have the best connection at all times.  How long ago did you get your tablet?  If you are still within the 14 day worry free guarantee period you can exchange the tablet for another device.  If you are not within the 14 day worrry free period you can not exchange the tablet and you would have to add another line of service to obtain a hotspot device.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes