Can not copy, create, or move data to empty sd card
AngryVerizonWirelessC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded a file explorer from the store.  It works must fine copying, pasting and cutting and pasting as long as its all done n the device memory.  This tells me there is more than likely no issue with the app.  When I try and copy, cut and or past to an SD card though it says it did it but there is nothing there.

I even tried creating a folder on the SD card without it being copied or anything.  Still wouldn't do it.

Why can't I write to an SD card. And an even bigger question is why does the ellipsis 8 have a slot for sd cards if they are useless?   I lost quite a few photos today because of this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can not copy, create, or move data to empty sd card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
AngryVerizonWirelessCustomer It is important to have access to all of our files and pictures. I want to make sure to help with this process. A great tool and really the direction that Technology is moving is Cloud Storage. Verizon offers 5GB of free storage (25GB if on More Everything plan). Here is a link to activating and using Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/1gdDqQC This will back up your pictures and videos electronically. To make sure any new pictures go to the SD card, go to camera/settings/more settings/storage location/SD card. 

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It was a change with Android 4.0. People warned people about it coming since 3.0 with the source code changes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
AngryVerizonWirelessCustomer It is important to have access to all of our files and pictures. I want to make sure to help with this process. A great tool and really the direction that Technology is moving is Cloud Storage. Verizon offers 5GB of free storage (25GB if on More Everything plan). Here is a link to activating and using Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/1gdDqQC This will back up your pictures and videos electronically. To make sure any new pictures go to the SD card, go to camera/settings/more settings/storage location/SD card. 

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AngryVerizonWirelessC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I plan to back up to cloud storage as I have 25 gigs. I'm just setting it up as I just got it. It turns out it was the file explorer I got.  I downloaded es file explorer and moved the rest of the files with zero issues.  To be clear, this was not an ellipsis 8 issue.  With all the bad talk about this tablet I want to make it clear. It was an app issue after all and not a tablet issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
AngryVerizonWirelessCustomer Awesome to hear that you are on a great path with your content transfer. Hope you enjoy your tablet and remember we are here when you need us.

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes