Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can not copy, create, or move data to empty sd card
AngryVerizonWirelessC

I downloaded a file explorer from the store.  It works must fine copying, pasting and cutting and pasting as long as its all done n the device memory.  This tells me there is more than likely no issue with the app.  When I try and copy, cut and or past to an SD card though it says it did it but there is nothing there.

I even tried creating a folder on the SD card without it being copied or anything.  Still wouldn't do it.

Why can't I write to an SD card. And an even bigger question is why does the ellipsis 8 have a slot for sd cards if they are useless?   I lost quite a few photos today because of this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Can not copy, create, or move data to empty sd card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
AngryVerizonWirelessCustomer It is important to have access to all of our files and pictures. I want to make sure to help with this process. A great tool and really the direction that Technology is moving is Cloud Storage. Verizon offers 5GB of free storage (25GB if on More Everything plan). Here is a link to activating and using Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/1gdDqQC This will back up your pictures and videos electronically. To make sure any new pictures go to the SD card, go to camera/settings/more settings/storage location/SD card. 

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

It was a change with Android 4.0. People warned people about it coming since 3.0 with the source code changes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
AngryVerizonWirelessCustomer It is important to have access to all of our files and pictures. I want to make sure to help with this process. A great tool and really the direction that Technology is moving is Cloud Storage. Verizon offers 5GB of free storage (25GB if on More Everything plan). Here is a link to activating and using Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/1gdDqQC This will back up your pictures and videos electronically. To make sure any new pictures go to the SD card, go to camera/settings/more settings/storage location/SD card. 

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AngryVerizonWirelessC

I plan to back up to cloud storage as I have 25 gigs. I'm just setting it up as I just got it. It turns out it was the file explorer I got.  I downloaded es file explorer and moved the rest of the files with zero issues.  To be clear, this was not an ellipsis 8 issue.  With all the bad talk about this tablet I want to make it clear. It was an app issue after all and not a tablet issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
AngryVerizonWirelessCustomer Awesome to hear that you are on a great path with your content transfer. Hope you enjoy your tablet and remember we are here when you need us.

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes