Can't move things to SD Card
aasusiq68

I have Ellipsis 7 MV7A_31D25_422A and I have a 32 gig SD card in it. I was told when I got it that I could have it as the storage for things. Problem is only things I can get to go on it is if I transfer it via USB cord from my laptop to the tablet. Pain because all the apps don't go to SD Card on here like they do on any other device I have. How do I get the apps on to the SD Card??????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't move things to SD Card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aasusiq68 we'll make sure everything is clear! The device is not capable of transferring info to the SD card. For the available options, please visit http://vz.to/13XlWC8

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aasusiq68 we'll make sure everything is clear! The device is not capable of transferring info to the SD card. For the available options, please visit http://vz.to/13XlWC8

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Nimrod69

What can be sent to the SD card on the Ellipsis?  It must have an SD card slot for some reason.  Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Photos, videos, music, documents.

0 Likes
Nimrod69

But only by downloading from a laptop or PC?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use an app from the Play Store like ES File Explorer to move the files.

0 Likes
liverdonor
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, apparently not. If I try to do this via ES, I get this very helpful error message:

Screenshot_2015-04-12-17-35-51~2.jpg

So, in effect, I have what amounts to an expensive e-book reader, unless I decide to root the device. Which I might just do - it's pretty much useless without the root.

0 Likes
liverdonor
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW - this problem is an Android problem, not a Verizon problem. Just to be clear.

Were someday, Hell to freeze over, while we're busy skiing on it, we will probably happily watch this issue go away as developers utilize the new ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE intent available in Lollipop.

But I'm not holding my breath. I think I'll just root my bloody device - hell with it.

0 Likes