Can't post to facebook
Hethrzpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my ellipsis 8. When I'm logged on to Facebook via Chrome, I am able to type in my messages but cannot post them using the enter key on the on-screen keyboard. When I tap the enter key the cursor begins a new line. I do not use the Facebook app.

Re: Can't post to facebook
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Since I am a big time Facebook user, it will be a pleasure assisting you with getting this problem resolved.  When did you start having problems posting to Facebook using your tablet?  Is there a reason you are not using the Facebook application?  Have you tried restarting the Tablet?   

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are logging on to Facebook in the browser, it will act as your desktop Facebook - and yo ucan set (in your preferences) the Enter key behavior.  There is an option to check that Enter posts the message, rather than adding a line.

0 Likes
Hethrzpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You and Yes, I've tried rebooting the tablet. To no avail. I even deleted Messenger for Facebook, thinking that it was causing a conflict.  It began happening a few days before an update became available.  I updated the tablet, hoping it would correct the problem.  It didn't.  I don't use the Facebook app because it is too slow on my tablet.  Facebook worked better from the browser.

0 Likes
Hethrzpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Suzy Q, I don't understand what you mean.  Can you give a more detailed direction.  I've looked for the "preferences" you allude to and it isn't there.  The only thing I find that closely resembles your answer is in the Messenger or Chat window.  That is not my issue.  Posting in the newsfeed or to a friends page is not working.  I can type words, but cannot leave the message, post, by hitting enter. 

0 Likes
Erin92486
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened to me and I changed from Chrome to Firefox the issue was corrected.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I misunderstood; I was thinking you meant the instant messenger box...my apologies!  I believe the only way to post  is to tap or click on the POST button, not by hitting ENTER.  Enter will, in fact, add a line feed....

You can also try Erin92486's suggestion of using another  browser.

0 Likes
Hethrzpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no "Post" icon when posting in newsfeed. Tapping enter is the only method and its unavailable, hence my request for help.

0 Likes
Hethrzpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Erin, do you have an ellpsis 8? I'm not sure I want to change browser on my tablet because of the ability to sync my devices. Not to mention I've had trouble with Firefox in the past. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The same is true on my Ellipsis tablet, although I use the Facebook app on the tablet, so I'd never run across this before.  Is there a particular reason why you don't use the app and use the browser instead?

0 Likes