Can you charge and use the Ellipsis tablet at the same time?
dapperdoxie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was trying to use my new tablet last night while it was charging and it kept loosing charge instead of gaining it.  Is this normal or was I doing something wrong?  I need to be able to use it sometimes while it is charging! 

0 Likes
Re: Can you charge and use the Ellipsis tablet at the same time?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were you using the charger that came with the device?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dapperdoxie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I was using the charger that came with the device.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you should be able to use your tablet while it's charging.

Did you try using the charger in a different outlet?

0 Likes
dapperdoxie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was using the outlet I used for my old tablet...and IT always worked fine!  I did finally move it to another one, just before it died totally on me...so I don't know if it would work or not, cause I had to let it charge, before I could turn it back on...so went to bed, while it did. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy Tuesday dapperdoxie! I wanted to check up on you and your Ellipsis tablet. Are you able to use it while it's charging? If not then let us know as we're here to help.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to use the tablet while it's charging.  What app(s) were you using?  It may be that if the battery was nearly depleted, and the app was battery intensive, it was using it faster than it could charge.  You might need to let it charge up to 50% or so so it will continue to work while charging.

0 Likes
dapperdoxie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know yet if I can charge it while using it...haven't needed to charge it yet for the 2nd time...just know it wouldn't last night.  I also don't know what ap I was using, I was setting several different ones up...as well as downloading some.  It may have just been cause it was low, and I shouldn't have been using it till I got it charged up at least some.  Will see if I can charge it in the  next day or two...that's not the ONLY thing I'm having trouble with though...so not as happy as I had hoped to be at this point...yet hate to return it so I can pick out a name brand one, cause I can't afford to loose that 75 bucks (per tablet...we bought two) to return them...not to mention I couldn't actually GET the name brand one NOW, because I don't have THAT kind of money.  Only got this cause it was cheap enough we could get two of them NOW and it looked like it was going to work better than my old one which it does in some ways....but not all.  I'm not one who has the have the latest, newest technology, I just want something that works well...but now I'm starting to think I SHOULD have gone with my first idea and stuck with a Samsung tablet.    Smiley Sad

0 Likes
dapperdoxie
Enthusiast - Level 1

P.S...I went in just to see what they had available, so I knew what we were talking price wise...didn't even know about these tablets before I walked into the store.  I know I should have studied up on them some...but I did use it a little, and it looked close to what I was used to, so figured I'd get used to it. Since we were in the market for TWO...and I could afford two of these, but not two of the ones I'd been looking at online, I decided to go with these...guess that's a lesson learned.  Stick with what you KNOW even if it takes a few more months to be able to afford them!!  LOL  *sigh*

0 Likes
karthikb_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to get a better picture of the charging problem you are facing, can you try charging with a different charging cable to see if makes any difference? Thanks!

0 Likes