Can you transfer an Kindle e-book from a computer to the ellipsis and will it work after transfer?
Tuba2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have purchased an e-book from Amazon and it downloaded to my computer.  Is there a way to move e-books between these two devices?

If it can be moved can one still read the book on the new device or on both of them?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you transfer an Kindle e-book from a computer to the ellipsis and will it work after transfer?
rcschnoor
Legend

Amazon allows Kindle books on multiple devices. The number of devices allowed may vary depending on the book, however I believe for most books it is up to 5 devices.

You don't really transfer books from one device to another. You simply go to the Kindle store on the device you would like to read the book, look at your Kindle library on that device. If you have already purchased the book on your account, it will be listed in your available books. Simply click on the book and it will start downloading. If you already have the book on your limit of devices it will inform you of that fact. You can simply go to one of your other devices and delete the book from it and then download it on your new device. If you ONLY have the book on your computer and want to download it to a Kindle e-reader, you should have no problem with it being on too many devices, though.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Re: Can you transfer an Kindle e-book from a computer to the ellipsis and will it work after transfer?
rcschnoor
Legend

Amazon allows Kindle books on multiple devices. The number of devices allowed may vary depending on the book, however I believe for most books it is up to 5 devices.

You don't really transfer books from one device to another. You simply go to the Kindle store on the device you would like to read the book, look at your Kindle library on that device. If you have already purchased the book on your account, it will be listed in your available books. Simply click on the book and it will start downloading. If you already have the book on your limit of devices it will inform you of that fact. You can simply go to one of your other devices and delete the book from it and then download it on your new device. If you ONLY have the book on your computer and want to download it to a Kindle e-reader, you should have no problem with it being on too many devices, though.Smiley Happy