'Cannot connect to server' message
TomPorter413

Trying to check for software updates on the Verizon Ellipsis™ 7 and it comes back with the message, 'Cannot connect to server'. Tried from home yesterday and now from the office today.

Yes, I have wifi on, and other things are working and downloading.

0 Likes
Re: 'Cannot connect to server' message
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off the wi-fi and turn on the mobile data.  The Ellipsis 7 needs a mobile data connection for software updates.

0 Likes
TomPorter413

Does that mean Verizon adds that to my data use or is it free?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The software update data usage is not supposed to be billable.

0 Likes
TomPorter413

Turned off wifi and data is on, and tried again. Same message, Cannot connect to server.

Time for another trip to Verizon, I think.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your help tikibar1. I understand making sure that your tablet has the latest software TomPorter413. I would love to see if I can save you a trip to the store. Let's try to put the tablet on safe http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-88245/ mode and see if it will download the new software. Keep me posted.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TomPorter413

Amber,

Restarted in Safe Mode. Tried the Software Update. Came back the same, ‘Cannot connect to server’

The reason for even checking for the update is to see if the power problems of not powering up or sitting with the Verizon red screen only coming up.

We never get to use this because it’s always down.

Thanks,

T

[Removal of Personal Information Required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes
TomPorter413

Now that I’ve tried the restart, it comes up to the ‘Powered by Droid’ and sits there. I hold the power button down and it will restart and go to the ‘Powered by...’ screen again.

How does Verizon suggest we get out of this power loop?

Thanks,

T [removal of personal information required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry the tablet won't fully power on TomPorter41 .Is there any damge to the device or charging port on the device. Try an alternate method by holding down power and middle of volume key until the device powers on. Also make sure battery is fully charged.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes