Choose Ellipsis startup Apps?
blue_lak

On the Ellipsis 10, you can choose "no auto updates" in the Google Playstore settings, but I can't find anywhere to choose which Apps you want the tablet to run at Startup. For instance, Google Maps is a resource hog and slows WiFi performance since it's always checking where you are, which I don't need if at home using home network. Anyone know?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Choose Ellipsis startup Apps?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blue_lak, we always want your device to perform smoothly. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. Unlike a computer, there isn't a built-in option that allows you to choose which apps can run when your tablet starts up. You can disable apps you don't use under Settings>Applications which will prevent them from starting up and appearing in your App list. There may be third party apps that will close down apps for you but since most Google based apps are designed to run standard with Android based device, they will likely restart within minutes of being closed and that third party app may result in additional battery drain due to constantly trying to keep those type of apps closed.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my  response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blue_lak, we always want your device to perform smoothly. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. Unlike a computer, there isn't a built-in option that allows you to choose which apps can run when your tablet starts up. You can disable apps you don't use under Settings>Applications which will prevent them from starting up and appearing in your App list. There may be third party apps that will close down apps for you but since most Google based apps are designed to run standard with Android based device, they will likely restart within minutes of being closed and that third party app may result in additional battery drain due to constantly trying to keep those type of apps closed.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my  response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go into Settings, Location, and toggle it off.

0 Likes