Chrome keeps crashing on my Ellipsis 8 (even after uninstall/reinstall
SLOVAKQUEEN2

Google Chrome keeps crashing on my Ellipsis 8 (every time I click on the icon, it opens, thinks for a few sexonds, and then gives the "Chrome has unexpectedly quit" error message), even after Ive uninstalled/reinstalled the program/App. I even tried deleting the cashe (in App settings section). Can anyone advise on how I can get Chrome working again?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Chrome keeps crashing on my Ellipsis 8 (even after uninstall/reinstall
ROBCIC57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found the same issue. Uninstalled updates back to factory version and it now works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How much free space is there on the tablet?  How much stuff is running in the background?  Maybe there's just not enough resources to run it - the Ellipsis doesn't have a lot to begin with.

After uninstalling the Chrome app/browser, reboot the tablet, and then try reinstalling it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slovakqueen2, what SuzyQ mentioned is a wonderful step that usually resolves this issue. Are you still having issues with Chrome on your tablet? If so, have you tested any other browser application to ensure that this is only native to the Chrome app?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rjhanson54

Same problem for me.  I tried releasing all Chrome's storage in the Application Manager but that didn't help.  I tried uninstalling it but I can't uninstall it: instead it says would you like to go back to the factory version?  I said yes: then it works.  But as soon as it takes an update (behind my back), it crashes again.  Firefox, Dolphin, and Opera all work.  It seems to have something to do with the latest version of Chrome.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off automatic updates, so you can select which updates to apply.  That way Chrome will not "update behind your back" and you can use it.  When a newer update is released you can try and see if that fixes the issue.

If that workaround doesn't appeal, then disable Chromne and use a different browser, as you said the others work.

0 Likes
TameraD

I have had the same issue for about 3 weeks or so.  Tried everything you have.  Then I had my local Verizon Store try to fix it (twice) then sent it off to be repaired.  The repair facility was a joke.  They said they couldn't duplicate the problem.  Apparently they did not try to use Chrome as it wasn't working when I sent it to them.  When I got the tablet back I had to reinstall and update all the apps.  Chrome was working before I installed the updates.  Now it crashes every time I open it.  I think SuzyQ has a great idea to set it back to factory and not do the Chrome updates.  Maybe Google will get a fix for Chrome in the near future, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

0 Likes
ROBCIC57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found the same issue. Uninstalled updates back to factory version and it now works fine.

0 Likes