Constantly restarting
Limos2013

My ellipsis 8 has been comstantly restarting now. I am unable to do anything for more than 5-10 secs at a time before it restarts.... I have not been able to back up my data on it due to this problem... Why is it doing this? And is there a way for me to back up my data so that I can factory reset my device?

0 Likes
Re: Constantly restarting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's imperative your device is running in top form! I understand how inconvenient it can be to have your Ellipsis 8 to continue to power cycle. How long has this been occurring? Does there appear to be any damage to the device? Does the power button appear to be stuck?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Limos2013

Its been doing this for about 3 days now since Saturday night. I drained the battery yesterday and let it charge overnight and its still doimg it this morning. Even when I restart the device in safe mode it still power cycles. There does not appear to be any damage to my tablet nor does the power button seem stuck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That was a really great idea to try, Limos2013. Do you happen to have any protective case on your tablet? Does it power cycle while plugged into your charger too?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Limos2013

Yes I do have a case on my tablet. And yes my tablet powet cycles when it is on and charging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is way past Halloween! Let's figure out what has your tablet possessed! Have you recently downloaded any new applications? Do you have a lot of data stored on your tablet?
NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
Limos2013

No I havent downloaded any new apps recently. Im not sure how full the memory on my tablet is since I cannot use it for more than 5 to maybe 10 secs if Im lucky before it restarts...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate all you've done thus far, Limos2013. Let's try this out as it may help assist with the powercycling issues.

Let's check to see if your tablet has the option to perform a Wipe Cache Partition.

1.Ensure the device is powered off.
2.Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up and Power button until 'Ellipsis' appears then release.
Note Screen goes dark then 'Android system recovery' screen appears.

3. Utilize the Volume Down button to navigate to Wipe Cache Partition.

4. Press Volume Up to make that selection

5. Once done, please select Reboot/Restart

Let us know if this helps keep your tablet stable.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
basslouanne

having the same problem and that did not help

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes