Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Date format option?
Phone_Jack

I have an Ellipsis 8 and wish to change the Date Format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy.  Date & Time has a 24-hour Time option, but NO Date Format option.  How do I make the change?

0 Likes
Re: Date format option?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Phone_Jack,

We certainly want you date & time showing correctly. Has it always been like this? Did something on your tablet change (software updates or new apps downloaded) before this began? When you went under Date & Time what happens when you turn off "Automatic " date & time as well as time zone? Are you able to change or manually set anything?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Phone_Jack

The problem has existed since I first acquired the Ellipsis Tablet.  Then, the Software Version was QZ3_31F27 and the Android Version was 4.4.2.  Since then, I have updated.  The Software Version is now QZ3_31F40 and the Android Version is 5.1.1 (Lollipop).  The Date & Time available options remain as:

1. Automatic Date & Time (turned On),
  2. Automatic Time Zone (turned On),
  3. Set Date (Grayed Out because options1 and 2 were turned On),
  4. Set Time (Grayed Out because options 1 and 2 were turned On),
  5. Select Time Zone (Grayed Out because options 1 and 2 were turned On), and
  6. Use 24-hour Format (turned On).

NO other options are presented – the option “Choose Date Format” is MISSING.  Turning off Automatic Date & Time and Automatic Time Zone makes no difference – the option “Choose Date Format” is still MISSING.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Phone_Jack,

Thank you so much for looking that up for me. The additional information does help. At any point, have you backed up your tablet and done a factory reset? If not, this would be the next steps we would want to take. These link will walk you through how to do both:

Back Up to Verizon Cloud: http://vz.to/1cQ9M2W

Factory Reset: http://vz.to/1ROjGTR

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes