Does anyone use Xfinity for their home Wifi?
bgirl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If so, is yours very slow? Xfinity advertises lightning speeds but I am not getting anything close to fast! Please help!!

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone use Xfinity for their home Wifi?
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

I have Xfinity and it works fine.  Have you called Comcast?  Are you only experiencing slow speeds on your phone or on all devices?  On my iPhone, my Wifi was a slow so I did a full reset of my internet and then reset my phone's network settings.  This seemed to speed things up.

To reset internet:

Unplug wireless router electricity and then follow the below steps.  If you have phone service and your modem is also used for phone, it has a battery so you have to hit the reset button, you cannot just unplug its electricity:

Cable Modem Users

Reset your cable modem by pressing and holding down the reset button, located on the front or back of your modem, for five seconds. If there’s no reset button, then power cycle your modem.

To power cycle your modem:

1. Shut down your computer.
  2. Unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet.
  3. Wait 10 seconds, then plug the cable modem back into the electrical outlet.
  4. Unplug your router from the electrical outlet.
  5. Plug your router back in.
  6. Wait 30 seconds, then turn your computer back on.

XFINITY Internet & Voice Modem Users

1. Shut down your computer
  2. Find the reset button on the back of the unit.
  3. Use a pen or any pointed, non-metallic object to press the reset button until you see the lights on the front of the unit go off.
  4. Release the reset button and wait for the unit to cycle up (this may take up to five minutes).
  5. Unplug your router from the electrical outlet.
  6. Plug your router back in.
  7. Wait 30 seconds, then turn your computer back on.

Reset phone's network settings.

0 Likes