Does my device support an MHL adapter?
JEFCLA83

Does the Verizon Ellipsis support a MHL adapter or any other method to connect tablet to television?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MHL adapter support?
ROBSCH81
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, no, the tablet doesn't support MHL. However, as dexman suggests, the tablet does support screen mirroring (not monitoring) which is compatible with devices such as the Roku players. This will mirror the display of the tablet up to the TV and depending on the particular app, it may or may not also mirror the audio. One app that does not mirror the audio, for whatever reason, is skype, but I have found that the media players should mirror the audio as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the Ellipsis has a function called "Screen Monitoring", it should be able to sync to a device such as the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. I have used this arrangement with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I can mirror the smartphone's display onto Samsung TVs.

0 Likes
ROBSCH81
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, no, the tablet doesn't support MHL. However, as dexman suggests, the tablet does support screen mirroring (not monitoring) which is compatible with devices such as the Roku players. This will mirror the display of the tablet up to the TV and depending on the particular app, it may or may not also mirror the audio. One app that does not mirror the audio, for whatever reason, is skype, but I have found that the media players should mirror the audio as well.

0 Likes