Elipsis 10 Randomly shuts down
MIKHAN31

My tablet randomly shuts down for no apparent reason while watching video (NetFlix and HBO Go). My battery is charged. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution?

0 Likes
Re: Elipsis 10 Randomly shuts down
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

MIKHAN31 wrote:

My tablet randomly shuts down for no apparent reason ... Has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution?

We have both the Ellipsis 8 and 10 - and they both do this, randomly (as far as we can tell) whenever they feel like it.  We don't do much video, I use my 8 mostly for Kindle and reading books, and hubby uses his 10 for Facebook (which does have videos) but it still does this.

Solution?  All I've been able to do is turn it back on and pick up where I left off.  Frustrating, yes.  I don't know why it happens, and I can't predict when it will happen.  When it does, I just wait it out and turn it back on.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but it's all I have to offer.  Wish I could be of more help ...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience that we want you to have when using the Ellipsis tablet series. Just to verify, do you notice if the devices get hot when they turn off? How much storage is remaining on the device? Are your tablets up to date with the most current software?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RolandDeschain

This is the second ellipses and I have had this problem with. The first one was sent back twice and was unsuccessfully repaired. The third time I sent it back, they lost it. They finally sent me a new one. Everything was fine for a few months and then it started again. it shuts down at random time but most of the time it is when I click on a link that is going to a video. I cleared out all of the caches to free up some memory. It did not help at all. I have seen this problem mention in a lot of posts so I really do not think that they have an answer to this one.

0 Likes